Just purchased a Jotul

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sd303

Hearth Supporter
Dec 4, 2007
central NJ
Long time reader, first time poster. After months of research I took the plunge and purchased a Jotul F400 Blue/Black Porcelain yesterday. I will be using it to partially heat a 1900 square foot 3 bedroom ranch in New Jersey, fairly well insulated. Im currently using a natural gas furnace. I wasnt looking for a stove to replace my furnace, just give it a rest once in a while. The F400 will sit in the corner of my living room, (20'x20') with ceiling fan and hopefully send some heat down the hallway to my bedroom. Getting the F500 was an option, but I did not want the size of the stove to over power a not so large room, also, budget concerns became an issue. Now, onto the next project,,designing/constructing the hearth pad.

Nice stove. I put one in my poorly insulated cape, and it works out very well. It will reduce your furnace use considerably if you keep it fed. Good luck with the hearth pad.

I am just in the process of buying a used one that is in very good condition - double door model so early 2000s I suspect. I cannot wait to see how she heats.

Status
Not open for further replies.