Keddy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

allpurpose

Jun 16, 2014
Iowa
Does anyone have any experience with Keddy wood stoves, particularly the Carisma? My wife is an interior decorator and likes the look of this one but I've never heard of it. I've flipped through their website a bit and it appears they have offer a lot of models.
Thanks!

Looks to be a Swedish stove. Are they sold in the US? Is she looking for a contemporary styled stove? If so, look at Rais and some Morsos.

Begreen - no, they don't appear to be sold in the US, which would explain a) why there's no review of their products on this site, and b) how my wife was able to find something she liked, by finding something available only overseas....

Thanks for the links, I sent them on to my wife's customer. Can any stove from overseas be purchased and shipped here or are there legalities involved with the EPA or other governing bodies, restricting what can be imported like they do with cars?

These stoves are already very expensive. I would imagine the shipping costs would make the price astronomical. I don't know about an individual purchase made abroad, but they are not allowed to be sold in the US without being certified.