Kioti DK4710SE HST

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
This will be my cover until I get something built when it warms up. I need some better bunjie cords, but this should work until this weather passes.
I used two short bungee cords for the front that went around each axle and one longer bungee cord for the back. Hopefully the weather changes for the better at the end of next week.

I used two short bungee cords for the front that went around each axle and one longer bungee cord for the back. Hopefully the weather changes for the better at the end of next week.

I think I will try this method the next time I have to put it up. I only plan on covering it when bad weather is coming. Snow has been forecasted all day but I've yet to see any.

Reactions: thewoodlands
When the splitter was dropped off the pallet forks came with it. The bucket comes off with two levels and mounting the forks or bucket is super easy. Apparently you can take off the whole FEL assembly fairly easily, but I have no need for that. I was asking about the backhoe and apparently it's not very hard to remove either, despite attaching to the frame. I'll be interested in finding out just how easy when I make room for a backhoe.

When the splitter was dropped off the pallet forks came with it. The bucket comes off with two levels and mounting the forks or bucket is super easy. Apparently you can take off the whole FEL assembly fairly easily, but I have no need for that. I was asking about the backhoe and apparently it's not very hard to remove either, despite attaching to the frame. I'll be interested in finding out just how easy when I make room for a backhoe.
I used the pallet forks a lot last year moving pine logs when we cleared where the new garage is, I also used them when I moved all the branches after limbing up the pines.

You will get a ton of use out of the forks. I use them in the woods all the time to move log lenth. I use them to put the log lenth on stacked pallets and cut them.into rounds. The tractor is great also, lifting the rounds while your splitting.... no more bending over and lifting

The snow finally started a few hours ago. So far maybe an inch.
It's snowing here too but we'll only get a dusting if the local weather person was/is correct.

I did see the coyote on the backhill on our property for the second time this week, we'll see if I can get a shot at it this week.

It's snowing here too but we'll only get a dusting if the local weather person was/is correct.

I did see the coyote on the backhill on our property for the second time this week, we'll see if I can get a shot at it this week.

We checked our driveway and around the house this morning and found a ton of deer tracks along with what appeared to be a cat that came right up to the house. It makes me think a neighbor's cat as it went up the hill towards the house a half mile down the road.

We checked our driveway and around the house this morning and found a ton of deer tracks along with what appeared to be a cat that came right up to the house. It makes me think a neighbor's cat as it went up the hill towards the house a half mile down the road.
Buy your self a 20ft seacan to park the tractor in,plus all the attachments.Good doors with locks and all your toys/tools are safe and dry

Buy your self a 20ft seacan to park the tractor in,plus all the attachments.Good doors with locks and all your toys/tools are safe and dry

I'm not familiar, are you talking about a shipping container? That's not a bad idea, but both me and my wife wouldn't like the look. I'm just going to build stuff with the trees on my property.

How much snow are they calling for in your area this week?

We got a coating of wet stuff late last night and they are calling for 8-12" tonight.
The snowblower should see some action.

Has it started where you are? It's not supposed to start here until 0100.

Has it started where you are? It's not supposed to start here until 0100.
No, we're not in for much snow this week unless some lake effect shifts north.

It's already getting deep and it is only 0730

Attachments

• 20190304_072227.jpg
    20190304_072227.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 205
Envious . . . you've got yourself a pile of useful "toys" to play with SpaceBus! :)

It's already getting deep and it is only 0730
We received just a dusting of snow overnight, that's good for the deer since they're eating what the wind put down on the backhill.

Lots of snow today. I broke the shear pin on the blower and there's a foot of snow on the roads. I called the dealer to see if they could bring me one but they are snowed in too. They forgot to bring the extra shear pins with them when the tractor was delivered.

Attachments

• 20190304_091118.jpg
    20190304_091118.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 243
  • 20190304_091041.jpg
    20190304_091041.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 256
  • 20190304_091054.jpg
    20190304_091054.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 229
Lots of snow today. I broke the shear pin on the blower and there's a foot of snow on the roads. I called the dealer to see if they could bring me one but they are snowed in too. They forgot to bring the extra shear pins with them when the tractor was delivered.
That sucks big time but you have the bucket on the front end so it still should be easy enough.;)

Reactions: SpaceBus
That sucks big time but you have the bucket on the front end so it still should be easy enough.;)
Honestly I had to take a break. I made a crucial mistake and ran the rops into every tree branch and dumped snow all over myself<>. I'm going to put it in the lower position and hope it works. My pole manual pole saw is on the way. The dealer should have some stihl pole saws or kombisytems soon. This snow is coming down faster than I can keep up! We are going to fire up the little blower and use the bucket when it slows down.