lakewood unicorn wood stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

corrie

Oct 13, 2010
ontario
Hello all, new here . This topic may already have been discused but her is my ? I recently bought a lakewood unicorn wood stove with all the pipeing, and want to get it installed in my log cabin. For starters the stove has the small tag attached with the ulc # on the upper left side just above the door but did not see any other tag and was wondering if this still means it is a listed stove? Meaning i have no real refference for stove distance to any cumbustiable material. My cabin is made from solid white cedar and so are the internal walls. I recently built a hearth riser from 2x4,s on edge with 3/4 inch plywood for the base which I plan on screwing down cement board and then 1/4 inch ceramic on a thinset morter bed. The base is built into a corner, 55 inches left and 55 inches right with octaganal front. How am I doing so far?

For that stove you will need 36" to combustibles, even the old stoves with UL listings often need this distance to combustibles. For that size pad you will likely need to install a surround with a 1" air space behind it. As for the pad, it will likely need more than you have to make it safe, it is more about protection from radiant heat than for ember protection. Someone here will be able to tell you what you will need to do to get your R-value up to par, And welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.