Last Wood Stacked

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

PA Fire Bug

Feeling the Heat
Jan 13, 2010
Blair County, PA
Yesterday, I stacked the last wood that I hauled last winter. I had taken several weeks off this summer due to gardening, the heat, and summer activities. It is strange to not have any wood to split. I staggered the rows to block the wind while allowing space for me to walk behind our playhouse/shed. I stacked three rows on each pallet to save space and improve stability. I have two other stacks to pull from before this wood will be needed.

I am blessed with a surplus of wood right now. I have more wood cut and have spotted several downed trees. I have to wait until the neighboring farm harvests the corn to get access to the wood. That will be a good job for fall or winter.

20210724_144140.jpg 20210724_144223.jpg

What a beautiful neat wood pile you have there...Wait until the weather and air is more accommodating for you to work but it looks pretty darn good to see all that wood stacked and ready for wintertime...Yes...clancey

Nothing like being done and ready for the
next on slot of winter
nice work

Reactions: JimBear
Oh, that's pretty!

Good feeling for sure. Nice looking stacks, corn crop, and landscape.

I'm jealous, I've got about 5 cords to split and stack if I want to stay 3-4 years ahead. It's just been so hot and wet up here this summer.

My wood is ordered but gotta move the seasoned from the wood shed to the wood room then restart the shed.
Have some clearing and chipping to do but not in this heat. Not happening.