Lennox Montlake 230

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lcm

Jan 14, 2014
United States
Hi everyone,

I am shopping for a wood insert and my local dealer recommended a Lennox montlake 230. I see a couple of bad reviews here on the site. The montlake 230 is part of the "country collection" line of stoves that I hear are pretty good. What are your opinions on this insert? I will be heating a 1600 sq ft single story 1960's ranch style home.

I was impressed with the looks of the stove in person. The stove had a better efficiency rating than many of the other name brands in the store. I can't seem to find much in the way of reviews out there on the net.

Thanks for any advice.

lcm

They only announced the stove in January of 2012 so there aren't going to be many out there with a full season of experience under their belt with it. I believe is made by Country Stoves who Lennox purchased a while back. If so it should be a solid performer.

With a Lennox product I would check on proprietary stuff like firebrick. They have a history of having high prices on replacement parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.