Local Installation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

loghome7

Hearth Supporter
Jan 23, 2008
Northern IL
Would anyone know of a contractor/rep in Northeastern IL/Southeastern WI who is knowledgable and can help with installation of a gasification-type boiler and water storage? I am looking to purchase a unit, but can not find anyone who has such experience in this area. Thanks!

Once you figure out what kind of boiler you're going to buy, ask the dealer or distributor for a referral for installation. I know that some brands, like Econoburn, deal exclusively with professional heating systems installers, so they won't sell you a boiler without having a competent contractor lined up to install it, as I understand it. Other companies with less stringent rules about installation should have lists of professionals who could do the install.

Failing all of that, there's nothing about a gasifier install that a competent local heating tech can't handle--as long as he/she knows what needs to be done. And we can help you (him/her) with that.

You coud try Sequoyah Paradise at Mauston. His boiler looks interesting and that wouldn't be too far away. If you can go see them and talk to the manufacturer that would a big help I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.