Looking for seasoned wood in nh

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

I <3 nh

Feb 9, 2013
I am new to the forum and hopefully I'm posting this in the right place. This is my second year burning wood and I underestimated how much I would need. I am just about out of what I have and was wondering if anyone was either selling or knew someone who was selling FULLY SEASONED cord wood. I have gotten ripped off already a couple of times (wet wood, not full cords) and need someone reliable. Obviously Craigslist doesn't work and if I can't find someone ill have to buy oil (vs getting screwed) which is obviously the last thing I want to do. I'd really appreciate it if anyone could provide me with some info.

Welcome. I only know in my area as well as most other areas on the east coast
You cant get seasoned wood delivered in February. You might be able to obtain some
Kiln dried firewood at a real premium price. Pallets from warehouses and factories
burn real good and very hot. Usually free or minimal price. Couple of ideas for you. Hope
you can stay warm.

Bio bricks may be the best of many bad options. Sometimes the north conway area have dealers that sell the dry stuff for ski lodges but usually the price per cord is higher than oil.

where are you in NH?, I may have some leads for you depending on where you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.