Lopi for the shop

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

george2c

Dec 1, 2011
SWPA
Well I think I have decided on the the lopi republic 1750 for my shop. I chose this stove because I would have to drive over an hour to get an Englander 30. I got the dealer down a good bit on the lopi and till I figured gas and time it just made sense.

My question is this, I plan to install it in my shop on A concrete floor. is it ok to just set it directly on the floor or should I try to set it up on something. I was kinda thinking it may not be a bad idead to get it up on something maybe a foot or so off the ground.

gimme some ideas !!!! Thanks..

Uh oh!

It would make it easier to load, but there is no real reason to make a hearth if it's on concrete.

thanks but what does the uh-oh mean
LOL. Thought we were going to hear some griping... combustables in shop...etc.... I am going to put one in my shop this summer. Looking at a 25-PDV.

No, actually this is my man cave kinda. With 3 kids all doing several sports and work, there are times threw the week or on the weekend when I need to ESCAPE !!! I have a real nice ouellet 10,000 watt electric heater in there but I really enjoy kicking back watching the fire and drinking some beer.. Couple of times threw the winter I like to smoke some ribs and drink beer. When I built the building I thought I woudnt miss the wood stove but found out I really did.. Any combustables that I do have are on the other end of the shop. I will be sure to post some pictures when Its done. It may be a month or so..

Reactions: Thaddius Wenderoth
Status
Not open for further replies.