Lost my seat at the splitter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gzecc

Minister of Fire
Sep 24, 2008
NNJ
Had to persuade my son to help me today. He agreeingly helped if he could use the splitter.

Attachments

• kyle splitting.jpg
    kyle splitting.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 226
Did you just take pictures or have to roll the logs up to the splitter?
We were just about done. Think he was on the last log. Yeah, we rolled rounds to the splitter. You can see the trailer almost full and at least one last cherry round behind him in the pile.

Nice having the help gzecc. One little caution I'll throw your way. When splitting it is usually best to stand or sit NOT ON THE SIDE but behind the splitter. The reason for this is when splitting some types of wood, they can go flying! That could sting a bit but if you sit so you are facing straight on to the splitter, there is no concern about the fliers then.

Nice having the help gzecc. One little caution I'll throw your way. When splitting it is usually best to stand or sit NOT ON THE SIDE but behind the splitter. The reason for this is when splitting some types of wood, they can go flying! That could sting a bit but if you sit so you are facing straight on to the splitter, there is no concern about the fliers then.
Unfortunately everything I/ we do have dangers. If we sit in front of the wedge, we can't reach the lever. As a matter of fact it was good I had long underwear on today. I accidently grazed my pant leg. Got the pants but the underwear didn't get cut!

Unfortunately everything I/ we do have dangers. If we sit in front of the wedge, we can't reach the lever. As a matter of fact it was good I had long underwear on today. I accidently grazed my pant leg. Got the pants but the underwear didn't get cut!

Always good to have underwear that won't get cut!

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
That's a really weird looking tree between the stacks and what looks like a garage.

That's a really weird looking tree between the stacks and what looks like a garage.
That was/is one of the 30 pine trees that came down from Sandy. It sprung back up after I cut the trunk. The building is a shed. Parts of my yard look like a hurricane hit it!

Attachments

• Sandy 2012 (10).jpg
    Sandy 2012 (10).jpg
    589.3 KB · Views: 108
great setup

Nice to get the kid out with you. Next time tell him that the old guys run the machine!

Status
Not open for further replies.