Mahindra 4540

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I had made a trail through this area about a year ago, maybe two. The stump came from a rotten pine that I think the wind took down most of, with the stump pulled and more cleanup on the edges of the trail, I'll plow this trail this winter.

104_2531.JPG 104_2532.JPG 104_2534.JPG 104_2535.JPG 104_2536.JPG 104_2537.JPG 104_2538.JPG

Reactions: heavy hammer
Thewoodlands a little here and there of tractor use. I have been pretty busy at work so not cutting lately. I have moved a few loads of wood here and there but nothing of any real tractor time. Looks like you have been busy looks good!

Reactions: thewoodlands
Thewoodlands a little here and there of tractor use. I have been pretty busy at work so not cutting lately. I have moved a few loads of wood here and there but nothing of any real tractor time. Looks like you have been busy looks good!
I figured you've been busy at work, have a nice Thanksgiving with your family.

Thanks you enjoy the day and family as well. I ended up taking some time off so I'm hoping to carry up some wood and hang outside these next few days.

Thanks you enjoy the day and family as well. I ended up taking some time off so I'm hoping to carry up some wood and hang outside these next few days.
Sounds like a good plan. We'll be staying home and having Thanksgiving here with our neighbor coming up. We use to head south through the lake effect area for Thanksgiving with my sisters and brother but we decided we would like having it here.

Removing this stump will allow me another area to push some snow, the trail near this stump always got smaller (width) when we get a bunch of snow in the winter.

I'll be back dragging this area with the bucket after Thanksgiving, I started late and the fuel level was getting near the red plus it was supper time.

104_2539.JPG 104_2540.JPG 104_2541.JPG 104_2542.JPG 104_2543.JPG 104_2544.JPG 104_2545.JPG

Reactions: duramaxman05
No tractor work today but me and the dogs carried in some wood to fill the garage back up before we get to much snow. Hope your thanksgiving was good. Looks like you had a busy day removing some stumps.

No tractor work today but me and the dogs carried in some wood to fill the garage back up before we get to much snow. Hope your thanksgiving was good. Looks like you had a busy day removing some stumps.
About seven stumps, about three that were decent size and four that were smaller. The biggest improvement was back in the sandpit area, that is my new splitting area, in the winter it will be easier for me to plow.

I finally have all the three point hitch linkage hooked up on the 4540, I can put the sander on if necessary.

I also moved the utility trailer out of a snow storage area to a different spot with the tractor, when I went out it was 4.1 and the temp when I came in was 15.7.

Resized_20220108_150047_2370.jpeg Finally was able to put a few hours on it today the ground was pretty frozen. I ended up putting 8 grapple loads up at the house.

Yes at least for more than a day or so. The temps kept going up through the night up to 41 today with rain. We are supposed to get 6 -10 inches of snow plus temps back in the teens and 20's so that should help. Kinda sick of the mud and rain in January.

Yes at least for more than a day or so. The temps kept going up through the night up to 41 today with rain. We are supposed to get 6 -10 inches of snow plus temps back in the teens and 20's so that should help. Kinda sick of the mud and rain in January.
We might get hit with a Nor'easter Monday, we would welcome the snow but since things can change we'll just wait and see.

The weather keeps changing it's mind every few days we went from cold and snow to almost 40 today. It almost felt warm compared to the last few days of working outside. Yesterday was a tough day, very cold.

The weather keeps changing it's mind every few days we went from cold and snow to almost 40 today. It almost felt warm compared to the last few days of working outside. Yesterday was a tough day, very cold.
It was cold here yesterday too, we have some wind chills coming in between 30 - 40 below starting Friday evening through Saturday afternoon.

We also could get up to 14 inches of snow over a three day period.

Same here the temps are supposed to get real cold again for the next week. Not sure how much snow but I'll take the ground freezing. That makes it easier to use the tractor for things.

Same here the temps are supposed to get real cold again for the next week. Not sure how much snow but I'll take the ground freezing. That makes it easier to use the tractor for things.
Once this cold comes in, we'll be in for another week of negative temps at night but it's January so we expect it.

I agree the temps are tough sometimes but for this time of year they are expected. That's why we have all this firewood.

I agree the temps are tough sometimes but for this time of year they are expected. That's why we have all this firewood.
I've seen the propane & oil trucks up this way plenty of times in the last week, like you said, it's nice having a good supply of seasoned firewood, that will keep the propane & oil trucks away.

We didn't get hit hard by the Nor'easter but we received just over six inches of snow. I plowed the driveway for two of our neighbors, one wanted to pay me but since she had always helped out a bunch of people, we settled on a apple pie.

I did our driveway and a bunch of trails through the woods.

Now that you and yours got that apple pie the next storm might even be larger and then you might get a full course dinner...lol Your a good neighbor..clancey

Now that you and yours got that apple pie the next storm might even be larger and then you might get a full course dinner...lol Your a good neighbor..clancey
She would do a full dinner, she's a great person who always did her own chainsaw work and if she could help you, she would.

Back when she was younger, she always hunted and loved ice fishing.

Reactions: clancey
Do you guys add any additive to your fuel for antigel when the cold comes in? I use diesel 911 pretreatment 1/4 of the bottle each time I fuel up (8.5 gal tank)
Also we have a new gas station by me that sells off road diesel (died red) my dealer told me to stay away from that stuff, I guess it has a different Sulphur content which doesnt lube as much?

Do you guys add any additive to your fuel for antigel when the cold comes in? I use diesel 911 pretreatment 1/4 of the bottle each time I fuel up (8.5 gal tank)
Also we have a new gas station by me that sells off road diesel (died red) my dealer told me to stay away from that stuff, I guess it has a different Sulphur content which doesnt lube as much?
I've been using a Mahindra Diesel treatment, I also have this.
Z1x3BvncpEx_.JPG

We ended up getting about 14- 16 inches of snow here. I spent the day digging out yesterday at our place and my mother in laws, I helped a few neighbors here and there throughout the day as well.