Major scrounge pending!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WellSeasoned

During our lunch break, the ol' lady and I had lunch at taco bell (damn good.) On the way back to work she said "hey look over there" and it was a company that had 2 trees cut down. I didn't have time to stop. It was on my mind the rest of the day, and on my way home I stopped in. The secretary, a very nice lady, asked what I needed it for, and I said for my wood stove, but not this years supply. She asked if I wanted to buy it, and I said I'd rather not. (kinda defeats the purpose, in my mind) She said she would talk to the president and he would call me, and if he didn't, then call him. She also explained that last time they gave wood away, the guy ended up selling all of it, after lying about his intentions. She showed me 2 more trees, around the side! :cheese:

Now I have the opportunity to pick up 4 trees, already bucked, just load and leave. I am planning on getting a dollar amount together anyway, not sure yet. Will let ya'll know when I find out. Keepin fingers crossed. If it goes through, I gotta find time, not easy this week. :ahhh:

Nice! All ya gotta do is ask.

Backwoods said:
She also explained that last time they gave wood away, the guy ended up selling all of it, after lying about his intentions.
Why would they care what the guy did with the wood? Didn't they just want it gone? Maybe they are trying to "pay it forward" with their wood supplies. :lol:

Guy down the road from me had all his pines cut down along the roadside. All the brush has been hauled away, the trunks are cut into neat lengths and stacked in rows along the roadside. They have been there for a year--apparently he is waiting for a cash offer. If there were a place for a vehicle to pull over, I am sure they would be gone by now :mad:

Another neighbor on the same road recently took down some trees and is selling green wood by the pallet (less than a quarter of a cord, IMO) for 50 bucks. He hasn't sold any, either. ;-)

Woody Stover said:
Backwoods said:
She also explained that last time they gave wood away, the guy ended up selling all of it, after lying about his intentions.
Why would they care what the guy did with the wood? Didn't they just want it gone? Maybe they are trying to "pay it forward" with their wood supplies. :lol:

+1 on this. I can appreciate they were annoyed at being lied to; most folks would... but other than that, what's the diff? They wanted the wood gone, he got it gone. If he turned it into $, God Bless America.

bluedogz said:
Woody Stover said:
Backwoods said:

+1 on this. I can appreciate they were annoyed at being lied to; most folks would... but other than that, what's the diff? They wanted the wood gone, he got it gone. If he turned it into $, God Bless America.

It makes no difference to me why who or what...... Bottom line if its free or cheap, than I'll be filling my trailer 2+ times. Called this morning, still waiting for a call from the prez.

Status
Not open for further replies.