Manual for a "Red" pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

homebrewz

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
East Central, NY
I've got some friends renting a place in France for a few weeks and they are heating with a pellet stove. I've been trying to help them get it going, but a manual would be great. They're no strangers to wood heat, but this is their first pellet stove. When I asked about the stove make and model this is what they told me.

Red Pellet Stove
EN 14785
ART. 15AB-VG

Sound familiar to anyone?

Well the EN 14785 and following is the standard the stove was tested too.

So far no luck on the Red Pellet Stove part except there are several pellet stoves that have RED somewhere in their panel colors.

The "Red" part sounds weird to me too, but who knows. They are there reading the documentation and I'm here. I'll see if they can get any more information.

just a thought, can they email/smartphone you pics of any and all plates mounted on the unit with info on them? Maybe the guys here then could de-cypher it,,,

John

I've got some friends renting a place in France for a few weeks and they are heating with a pellet stove. I've been trying to help them get it going, but a manual would be great. They're no strangers to wood heat, but this is their first pellet stove. When I asked about the stove make and model this is what they told me.

Red Pellet Stove

EN 14785
ART. 15AB-VG

Sound familiar to anyone?
Since they are in France this might be it

Lots of stoves over there have colored panels. Lots.....

So it could be one of many. A few pics to your phone/email could clear it up??

I think their model is somewhere in there. Thanks, Mark_ms. I saw it briefly while we talked on Skype this morning and it looks like some of the models in the catalog. The stove itself is not the color red, btw. Its silver and black. They kept telling me it was a "Red" pellet stove as in a model or brand name.

Since they are in France this might be it

It was that documentation that told me what the alphabet soup was that homebrewz posted as part of the stove information.

There really should be a model name and manufacturer on the stove that will nail it down, looks can be very deceiving.

It was that documentation that told me what the alphabet soup was that homebrewz posted as part of the stove information.

There really should be a model name and manufacturer on the stove that will nail it down, looks can be very deceiving.
Those numbers probably indicate a Industry type standard for Europe. When I googled those numbers (along with pellet stove) that was the first site to popup.

Status
Not open for further replies.