Memorial Day Weekend

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, this memorial day weekend started off good - today (Saturday) I spent about 5-6 hours bucking and noodling about 2 cords of what is left of my scrounge pile, then splitting it all with a maul. Nothing like inducing some blunt force trauma to some defenseless wood to put a smile on yer face. ;-)

Sunday (tomorrow) will be stacking it.

Monday will be drinking beer and cooking on the grill and looking at it. ;-)

stacking again today

figure these will be 10/11 piles

I bucked up two cords of downed birch for my disabled brother-in-law at his cabin up north. Hand split
a little over half of it. Did the chain saw work in the morning. Drank beer and split in the afternoon.
Drank more beer and built towering fires in the fire ring during the evening. Long sheets of birch bark
make for great entertainment in the campfire. 11-year old daughter caught a big bass with a worm.
It was a beautiful weekend. Looking forward to going up there again in a month or so to finish up
splitting the wood. And maybe having another beer or two.

Decided to satisfy my NASCAR addiction this weekend. What a waste. Two days of watching in rain in North Carolina. Wish I would've cut wood.

I didn't get nearly as much done as I wanted due to my grandma going into the hospital Friday night. Today I manged to get a pretty decent pile split. I have about a cord of poplar to split then I'll be done for a *little* while. My brother told me tonight he has about a trailer load(16x7x2) waiting for me on his property, my cousin wants me to clean up tree's on his property and my buddy is having a big maple taken down in early June. I should stay busy for a while. :)

A couple pictures of today's pile....

Attachments

• P5250008.JPG
    P5250008.JPG
    209.7 KB · Views: 333
  • P5250010.JPG
    P5250010.JPG
    198.4 KB · Views: 309
Nice pile and good looking wood stack too.

Nice yard you have there. My wood processing area is off in an unkempt area that is mostly wild. Over the years I've raked bark and saw cuttings around so it's level enough to run the mower over it to keep the tall grasses down but nothing like your place.

I'm seeing a pole line there. Is that near a road or driveway? My processing area is visible from the public road while my house is set much further back, hidden by trees and a serpentine driveway. I don't worry much about what the neighbors think cuz in my area there is little curb appeal and no HOA to deal with.

LLigetfa said:
Nice yard you have there. My wood processing area is off in an unkempt area that is mostly wild. Over the years I've raked bark and saw cuttings around so it's level enough to run the mower over it to keep the tall grasses down but nothing like your place.

I'm seeing a pole line there. Is that near a road or driveway? My processing area is visible from the public road while my house is set much further back, hidden by trees and a serpentine driveway. I don't worry much about what the neighbors think cuz in my area there is little curb appeal and no HOA to deal with.

Thanks! That pole is the utility pole on the west side of my yard. The wood is right off my drive, once I get that pile stacked I plan to have some more gravel brought in to extent the drive so I'll be processing on gravel instead of my grass.

Adirondackwoodburner said:
nothing like sweating your ass off all day to sit down to an ice cold beer in the shade though.

"Amen!" to that!

My Memorial Day Weekend wood output.

Got the old Buzz out and ran some of the small stuff threw that and then a Neighbor has a cast off pile from his old saw mill.

the 78 With a hefty load and small trailer.
5347330303_large.jpg

Also the Car trailer with a load piled up on it.

5347330302_large.jpg

That is all for now.
Thinking about 2 cord's of wood worked. give or take.

Sublime out.

Status
Not open for further replies.