• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

cahender

Jan 22, 2021
Yucaipa, CA
Hi Everyone!

I am riding the struggle bus right now. We moved into an older home (Was my grandmothers) and it has an older Regency Wood Stove in it. Long story short, the glass on the front broke and we cannot find the model number to save our lives. We took a picture of the back plate, see below, and took it to our local fireplace store and they couldn't find the model number either, its been 5 weeks and the store just keeps telling us we left a message for the manufacturer. Has any one had to deal with this before? Or can someone else see what the store and us can't? Really missing our wood burning stove right now!

Fireplace tag.jpg

Looks like a Regency CC. You don't have to order from Regency. Make a cardboard template and go to a good glass shop and ask for it to be cut from Neoceram or order from onedayglass.com.

You may be able to lift the door off its hinges and simply hand it off to them! Let the glass guys handle it.

Hi Everyone!

I am riding the struggle bus right now. We moved into an older home (Was my grandmothers) and it has an older Regency Wood Stove in it. Long story short, the glass on the front broke and we cannot find the model number to save our lives. We took a picture of the back plate, see below, and took it to our local fireplace store and they couldn't find the model number either, its been 5 weeks and the store just keeps telling us we left a message for the manufacturer. Has any one had to deal with this before? Or can someone else see what the store and us can't? Really missing our wood burning stove right now!

View attachment 272535
Hi there, it appears we bought the same wood stove and I was wondering if you might help me with something. How do you have your fire bricks placed in the top insert of your stove? To me it looks.like it will hold 4 but it blocks way to much of the smoke the way I put them in. I would greatly appreciate any help.

hi djtomyn see if you can post pictures

hi djtomyn see if you can post pictures
The picture I attached is of my top plate pulled forward and let down. That lip in the middle is the same height as fire brick. If you look at the top of the stove you can see that middle section with the hole is lower than either side. So when I put 4 fire bricks on there it is tight pushing the plate back in and it blocks too much of the smoke from drafting.

20211102_181237.jpg

stumpt i have a feeling that bricks don't go there