Moose visits wood shed, pics of tracks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BeGreen said:
Not just Korea. Cow dung is used extensively for heat and cooking in India. In some places it also makes a practical building material too. But moosepoops are pellets and probably wouldn't work as well, but who knows? Just imagine how hard it would be to collect enough for 24/7 burning.

I wouldn't want to be the down stream neighbor, either. :sick:

When I arrived in India at midnight, the first thing I noticed when leaving the airport was a subtle aroma in the air. It was not unpleasant, more like the aroma of popcorn. I found out later that this was the scent of dung fires. Now that was in Sept. and it was still warm out, so these were just cooking fires. By Dec. the pollution from dung fires in Delhi was astounding. It would set the EPA's clock on a whole new level and it made anything LA sees, seem like a clear sunny day.

These are late Oct., Nov shots and that is not fog.

Attachments

• Oct_dehli_-001.jpg
    Oct_dehli_-001.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 191
  • Noida-003.jpg
    Noida-003.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 196
BeGreen said:
When I arrived in India at midnight, the first thing I noticed when leaving the airport was a subtle aroma in the air. It was not unpleasant, more like the aroma of popcorn. I found out later that this was the scent of dung fires. Now that was in Sept. and it was still warm out, so these were just cooking fires. By Dec. the pollution from dung fires in Delhi was astounding. It would set the EPA's clock on a whole new level and it made anything LA sees, seem like a clear sunny day.

These are late Oct., Nov shots and that is not fog.

Neighborhood Cow with twins

Attachments

• moose gd1.jpg
    moose gd1.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 178
Now all you have to do is figure out how to attach one of these gadgets and then collect.

http://www.bunbag.com/

LOL
If you'll rope & tie them, I'll hook it on :)

Up to +5° already :)

Shari said:
bogydave said:
Amazing how they can stay warm in theses temps .

Another use for moose nuggets, I drilled holes & planted broccoli seeds. Seed starters :)

My first reaction to this is "Yuk" but then again I suppose it makes sense.

In Korea they burn dried cow dung for heat - ever try moose droppings for heat? :) :) :)

Hmm we do have an old pellet stove hooked up in the garage I think they may get stuck in the hopper tho just a little to big. But seriously moose pellets do burn if they are dry ill get some from the yard when I get home splIt with a butter knife and jab the moisture meter in it :)

:sick: Hmm. Remind me to skip the toast if I stop by...

My first thought when I saw the pictures was that the moose was on an ATV! It wasn't until I clicked for full size that I saw the moose tracks.

I think they were driving an SUV :

Attachments

• moose hunting.jpg
    moose hunting.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 138
my cousin put this up on facebook last week. This was outside his house in anchorage.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 143
Status
Not open for further replies.