More work more wood.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ohlongarm

Minister of Fire
Mar 18, 2011
Northeastern Ohio
This big cherry blew down yesterday so we'll start wacking at it as soon as possible.Could be a little tricky,dangerous,we'll see.
cherry.jpg

Is that crotched on the other tree?? :oops:

Get a come along, hi lift, winch, or whatever to pull that down first. Getting a tree unhung is very unpredictable and dangerous. Undercutting a relief and then cutting the top is sketchy, but can work.

Reactions: Grizzerbear
Also, if that's a cherry log in good condition I would be selling it. That tree in good shape is several thousands of dollars worth of finished cherry.

The Widow Maker. I got a locust like that, I am going to hook up a rope and some pulleys to it and pull it down, before I crank up the chain saws. Peligroso.

The Widow Maker. I got a locust like that, I am going to hook up a rope and some pulleys to it and pull it down, before I crank up the chain saws. Peligroso.
Amen brother ,a guy i work with is a tree cutter and a good one,he'll handle it for me.

Also, if that's a cherry log in good condition I would be selling it. That tree in good shape is several thousands of dollars worth of finished cherry.

Not around here it isn't but i hear ya.