Morso 1BO Installation Advice

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ember

Oct 9, 2020
Minnesota
It's getting cold here in northern Minnesota and want to install this beauty in our cabin. It is in new condition. We are have run into a dead end in getting the specs for clearances for install. Have contacted Morso with no luck. Would welcome any assistance as we are stuck. An old post popped up on my search on this forum from a member named Timber who also had one of these.
Screen Shot 2020-10-07 at 7.48.14 PM.png

Reactions: SpaceBus
I would assume 36" clearance to combustibles, the default for unlisted/tested stoves. Most antiques and many vintage stoves fall into this category.

Yes, assume 36" in all directions for an unlisted stove. This can be reduced to 18" or 12" with the proper wall shielding.

Reactions: SpaceBus
Sorry I’m just reading this. I don’t have a manual for the stove. I can sing it’s praises though! It was an amazing heater with a wonderful draft. The interior baffles are available through woodmanspartsplus if you should need them.