Multifuel options USA vs UK

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Justinmichael

Dec 3, 2020
Hello everyone, I've been doing alot of shopping around to replace our old garrison stove. We have a small masonry fireplace in our 900sqft cabin in upstate NY, and noticed there is plenty of relatively small options available in the UK, but very few in the US. Why is this? It's so frustrating.
Ill post some examples of what I mean...

AVAILABLE IN US :
https://buckstove.com/coal-stoves
(We would have to cut the legs off of the buck24 to make it fit, but we like the size of the firebox and output of the buck24)

AVAILABLE IN UK ONLY:

Those are just a few of the MANY options for small/compact wood/coal/pellet multifuel stoves available in the UK. They are the perfect size for our home, but I can only seem to find the morso stoves available here in the states. The reason I'm dead set on a multifuel stove is because 1 mile down the road from us we have a coal shop that can deliver anthracite in nut, pea, or full size coal, and our cabin is way up on a hill. There is very little flat ground here to store and season wood, so wood in the shoulder seasons and bags of coal in the dead of winter makes the most sense for us. Is there any small multifuel stoves other than morso in the united states?

Here's a photo of our place with the small highly inefficient garrison stove.

Screenshot_20210914-084011.png

Technically the Morso 2b Classic is a multi fuel stove the same way as the 1410, but less convenient to load with coal. You would have to modify the lower air intake on either stove to burn coal in it.

Maybe you should check out Tiny House stoves. I see there are quite a number of them out there.