Need firewood on Long island!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

wood-fan-atic

Minister of Fire
Oct 4, 2010
Long Island, NY
Hey guys. In was a member here years ago. It's been a long time since I've been around. Crazy things happened - divorce and fight with the bank. I thought I was selling my house for sure, so I never split and stacked firewood for this winter. As it turns out, I'm staying, but now I'm in a pickle for this winter. I'll put up next year's wood this fall, but does anyone know of any reputable firewood guy that they KNOW has decent, seasoned wood at a reasonable price. I'll stack now to get a few more months of drying. I'd hate to have to use oil heat all winter!! Thanks

Hey guys. In was a member here years ago. It's been a long time since I've been around. Crazy things happened - divorce and fight with the bank. I thought I was selling my house for sure, so I never split and stacked firewood for this winter. As it turns out, I'm staying, but now I'm in a pickle for this winter. I'll put up next year's wood this fall, but does anyone know of any reputable firewood guy that they KNOW has decent, seasoned wood at a reasonable price. I'll stack now to get a few more months of drying. I'd hate to have to use oil heat all winter!! Thanks

If get a couple pallets of compressed wood bricks if I were you! I doubt many firewood sellers would offer actual seasoned wood. The other option I can think of is keep an eye on Craigslist and Facebook marketplace for any homeowners selling/giving away their stacks that have been css for a while. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If get a couple pallets of compressed wood bricks if I were you! I doubt many firewood sellers would offer actual seasoned wood. The other option I can think of is keep an eye on Craigslist and Facebook marketplace for any homeowners selling/giving away their stacks that have been css for a while. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks. Yes, I know it's a crap shoot, but still hoping to get lucky!

Compressed bricks for sure. No questions with what your getting. Get a few tons and you should be good. A little learning curve with burning them, but they are great.

I just saw this, sorry.

I got a guy. He's in Brookhaven Town. PM me if you'd like his info.

Reactions: Woody Stover
Off to PM land :)

Drive down here to south jersey, where the tornado went through.. Theres a lifetime supply. People just giving it away, they will even pay you to come get it, all the wood you want oak, hickory, cherry ,maple

20210907_063631.jpg 20210907_063638.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: MissMac
Drive down here to south jersey, where the tornado went through.. Theres a lifetime supply. People just giving it away, they will even pay you to come get it, all the wood you want oak, hickory, cherry ,maple

View attachment 282007 View attachment 282008

While tempting, that would be illegal, given regulations due to invasive species one can't transport firewood across county lines in NY (or at least LI).

Saw this on Craigslist. Thought it useful to post here, as if someone needs it, they'd likely find this thread.

Not sure how seasoned it it (check moisture content). But cedar and pine are quick in drying (and likely last to go).

Bayshore