Need help identifying

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

amagana95667

Oct 30, 2022
Grizzly Flats, California
Hi everyone I’m new to the site. I just bought my first home. It looks like they had a wood stove at one time. Don’t know what type. One the celling fixture is installed in the house. Of course funds are low with being that I just bought a house. But fall is certainly here and do not want to pay a fortune to the gas company. I found a wood stove on-line second hand and need help identifying it. I have tried to compare pictures just not sure I am finding the correct model. It is a Earth Store Traditions. Please see the attached pictures. My mom bought a wood stove for the house but it ended up being 50 -60 years old and would not work with our flute but also was not a safe one. If anyone can tell me the model could you also share your thoughts on if it would be a safe one. I live in California and of course we have had some really bad forest fires over the years so I am very paranoid. Like I said when we moved in it only had the celling fixture. We are currently doing the fire barrier wall in preparation. Thanks in adnvance!

85DA95B5-5F63-4E2C-9903-30C28EAE873D.png 942BD59B-96F6-43D8-BCD3-AD2830F1AD40.png 80411672-9BAC-4411-8074-DB94553232B8.png DBC19A5D-C254-4B92-9CEB-11048902D4E1.png F3D3B133-3ADF-451F-A630-93267CE6C05C.png 5CECB9EC-DB1B-406E-B4A1-DD1F8366C242.png B3743FAE-361F-4F22-BDF3-BD7807DEDE1B.jpeg

Hi everyone I’m new to the site. I just bought my first home. It looks like they had a wood stove at one time. Don’t know what type. One the celling fixture is installed in the house. Of course funds are low with being that I just bought a house. But fall is certainly here and do not want to pay a fortune to the gas company. I found a wood stove on-line second hand and need help identifying it. I have tried to compare pictures just not sure I am finding the correct model. It is a Earth Store Traditions. Please see the attached pictures. My mom bought a wood stove for the house but it ended up being 50 -60 years old and would not work with our flute but also was not a safe one. If anyone can tell me the model could you also share your thoughts on if it would be a safe one. I live in California and of course we have had some really bad forest fires over the years so I am very paranoid. Like I said when we moved in it only had the celling fixture. We are currently doing the fire barrier wall in preparation. Thanks in adnvance!

View attachment 301687 View attachment 301689 View attachment 301690 View attachment 301691 View attachment 301692 View attachment 301693 View attachment 301695
Looks like a pellet stove to me. I would do much with the hearth or wall protection untill you have a stove and know what it requires

Looks like a pellet stove to me. I would do much with the hearth or wall protection untill you have a stove and know what it requires
The hopper is a dead giveaway.

View attachment 301687 View attachment 301689 View attachment 301690 View attachment 301691 View attachment 301692 View attachment 301693 View attachment 301695
Is there a label or anything in the back that identifies it? Ask the seller to send you a clear picture of that.

Me too, but I didn't see controls for gas, so I checked the box for pellet. Why would anyone put fake logs in there? Hmm.
Some pellet stoves have that as an option

Reactions: Zorkomatic
Are they made of some material that retains heat? Is that why? I thought they were just for decoration. Never used them myself.
Just for looks. I mean yes they do retain a little heat but that doesn't matter honestly especially in a pellet stove

I have not seen a top outlet stove for many years 1980es
Normally they were a positive draft.
There is a name on the door that may give a clue to the maker

I have not seen a top outlet stove for many years 1980es
Normally they were a positive draft.
There is a name on the door that may give a clue to the maker
There is a name on the bottom of the door frame, but the pictures are not clear enough under magnification to read it. Maybe someone will recognize it. "Et*** Wood" or something like that.

Aha. It's an old "Traditions" series pellet stove made by The Earth Stove. I think the model is T-100. There was another discussion on the forum about this very stove, here: https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/earth-stove-t-100-help.148128/

Last edited:
Old TP440, pressure fed(positive draft), couldn't give it to me.
Well he could give it to you
You just wouldn't give shed room.
Maybe too big for a boat anchor?

• Haha