New Enviro M55 FS stove owner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I did get a new appliance for my shop..

e69buqm.jpg

An Englander wood furnace. I have a lot of trash Ponderosa pine on my property- good way to heat the shop.

Reactions: vinny11950
Hi Threerun- good to see you reporting in again. Yeah think you will find the new one a little beefier than the original. Stay warm.

Reactions: Threerun
So I got the new baffle, and it is marginally more stout than the replacement. Not even worthy of a picture. I'd say 1/16" thicker. No support webs, just flat steel bent like the last one.. We'll see.

It's been sub-zero here for about 2 weeks, lot's of snow right now- 18" forecast. Not as bad as the East- I pity you guys... Cleaned out the stove last night, after 1 ton of pellets my ash pan was 1/2 full and it only needed a light cleaning. Back in service in 1 hour.

Great unit. Such a workhorse. .

We had a heat wave here today outside thermostat said 16F good day to retire the Big-E and replace with the quad. It is now in the corner maintaining 74f. Temps supposed to drop down again below zero. Justfinished moving the last of the 6’ of snow we got,Gotta love upstate Tug Hill region.

Good to hear you're up and running threerun, it is super cold here tonight as the year goes away, hearing a snow storm next Thursday? Guess it will warm up some for that..... stay warm all.

You guys in the east got walloped with that storm! That cold front marched due east- last weekend my friends in Glasgow were duck and goose hunting in -35 weather. -55 with the wind chill. Yikes!!

New baffle is solid as a rock- no warpage. Unit just cranks along.

This morning when I left for work it was 46deg. Came home it was 6 and dropping. Forecast is below zero for the next few nights.

Buying another 1T this weekend. Figure I'll burn 3.5-4 T this year.

Hi, Threerun, glad to hear from you again.

How's the stirrer rod doing? Mine is worn down a lot, but I think it can go 2 more seasons.

Hi, Threerun, glad to hear from you again.

How's the stirrer rod doing? Mine is worn down a lot, but I think it can go 2 more seasons.
I think mine will go a few more. Maybe 10 years?

Edit- I meant to say it might last a total of 10 years, so 2 more years.

Last edited:
Been kinda warm here. 40’s during days, upper 20’s at night. Not burning a lot.

Just got a cold front/blizzard that delivered 6” snow and single digit temps, so she’ll get a little workout.

Been a great unit thusfar.

Well February came in like a banshee from Hell. We've had sub-zero temps and snow, snow, snow.. Tonight is forecast for an additional 10" on top of the 10-15" already on the ground and -10F without windchill. My friends on the Hi-Line are going to get -38F temps tonight. Brrrrrrrr.....

Stove keeps on cranking. Had some minor operator errors with the heat baffle after a cleaning (thank you Vinnie for the reminder!) , but she's chugging on 3 all day, all night, not a fuss or complaint. Still amazed at how this thing just performs even with minimal care on my part..

Well we’ve had two pretty brutal nights, Sunday night / Mon a.m. was -36, and last night -30. Never got above 0 yesterday. Stove setting is on ‘3’. Any higher and you literally cannot spend more than a few minutes in the downstairs family room.

Upstairs, with only the pellet stove running, stayed 65deg, which is fine by me.

One thing I can say is the new baffle plate is withstanding the hot stove well. The old one would’ve warped out by now.

Reactions: Mt Bob
Well we’ve had two pretty brutal nights, Sunday night / Mon a.m. was -36, and last night -30. Never got above 0 yesterday. Stove setting is on ‘3’. Any higher and you literally cannot spend more than a few minutes in the downstairs family room.

Upstairs, with only the pellet stove running, stayed 65deg, which is fine by me.

One thing I can say is the new baffle plate is withstanding the hot stove well. The old one would’ve warped out by now.
Hey,got up to 20 today(above Bozeman pass),moved a bunch of snow piles,widening driveway/road.Looks like more sub-0 coming in,for us.

Reactions: Threerun
hey threerun, your review sealed the deal on the M55. 1st season almost done and loving it. I seen vinny asked you about your stirrer, mine is almost gone in the middle. don't know if Vinny is going to see this or not, but I think I need a new one for next year. lol. hopefully it finishes out this year. I mix corn with pellets, maybe that has something to do with it, I don't know. My dealer sucks so I am going to try and get with Enviro myself I think. Anyway I just wanted to say thanks for the review.IMG_20190309_152213161.jpg

hey threerun, your review sealed the deal on the M55. 1st season almost done and loving it. I seen vinny asked you about your stirrer, mine is almost gone in the middle. don't know if Vinny is going to see this or not, but I think I need a new one for next year. lol. hopefully it finishes out this year. I mix corn with pellets, maybe that has something to do with it, I don't know. My dealer sucks so I am going to try and get with Enviro myself I think. Anyway I just wanted to say thanks for the review.View attachment 242135

Wow, that stirrer rod is worn down. And from only 1 year of use?

That part could still be under warranty, so definitively contact Enviro and get a new one for free. Check your burn pot liner and grate too, get them replaced if they are worn down. The M55 is advertised as a multi-fuel stove so it should be able to handle corn.

Also, I hope you got a multifuel vent/exhaust pipe.

hey threerun, your review sealed the deal on the M55. 1st season almost done and loving it. I seen vinny asked you about your stirrer, mine is almost gone in the middle. don't know if Vinny is going to see this or not, but I think I need a new one for next year. lol. hopefully it finishes out this year. I mix corn with pellets, maybe that has something to do with it, I don't know. My dealer sucks so I am going to try and get with Enviro myself I think. Anyway I just wanted to say thanks for the review.View attachment 242135

Holy CARP!! That rod is worn thin as heck! Mine looks brand new compared to that! Something is not right. With it worn in the middle like that I'd wonder if the corn is too abrasive for the metal, or if the burn pot is so hot that it weakens the metal..

WOW!!

Last edited:
Holy CARP!! That rod is worn thin as heck! Mine looks brand new compared to that! Something is not right. With it worn in the middle like that I'd wonder if the corn is to abrasive for the metal, or if the burn pot is so hot that it weakens the metal..

WOW!!

Hey look at post #90 from someone posting in this thread about a worn agitator rod AND they were burning corn!

New Enviro M55 FS stove owner