New Hearth.com Factory Tour - Heatfab

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

webbie

Seasoned Moderator
Nov 17, 2005
Western Mass.
Check out how stainless steel rigid liner is made!

See the newest tour at the Visits area:
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/visits/

I will be updating this in the future with a video and more information about the history of Heatfab. I hope you enjoy the short tour!

New Hire=Me.......
Me, myself and I.

I would have a tour of your setup, but I know it is secret squirrel and I have destroyed all materials relating to it.
:)

Maybe I can get a tour of the new expanded SC facility sometime - if nothing else it would mean I could write off a trip to the NW.

Nicely done Craig. There are some serious sheetmetal toys there. I like the combo of high tech machines and low tech in the shot of the seam welder with the galvanized farm trough below it.

WOW! Just had to "pipe" in with what an impressive tour that is. Glad to see an Americam company who's doing well by going down the tubes! :p

You will like the Video when I finish it - the making of the 4 piece elbow is pretty dang cool. It's hard to imagine there is so much work in making a single el.

I saw automatic machines at a trade show to make light gauge galv els, but unless you are making tens of thousands of them a week, it probably isn't worth it. Pretty neat technology though - there are so many steps in making one...

Oh, here is one of the machines:
http://www.clevtool.com/ctm678th.htm

(notice they only do 24 ga galv, heat fab does 22 ga and stainless, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.