New house, new pellet stove. Lots of questions.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Hopper switch or not, you should run it with the hopper door closed as that can be a path for an air leak into the burn pot. Sounds like your auger or auger motor has a problem - perhaps the connection between the 2 is slipping?

Hopper switch or not, you should run it with the hopper door closed as that can be a path for an air leak into the burn pot. Sounds like your auger or auger motor has a problem - perhaps the connection between the 2 is slipping?
Yep,low flame ,noise from auger, could be the set screw was not on the flat when installed, and now it is loose,and shaft is only turning sometimes.

Any update on this ??

Any update on this ??
Yes. My update is that I sold the pellet stove and went to a wood burning stove. We just got it yesterday and are working on learning the sweet spots with a "air tight" stove. What a difference from the stove I had growing up!
The pellet stove was up and running and heating basically just my living room. My downstairs is pretty open, so I didn't understand why it wasn't heating the rest of the house. I'm almost certain it was an issue with the way that the previous owners had it vented.

Nonetheless, we are super excited to have a wood burning stove again. it is so quiet in comparison. The heat is so different.
I do thank you all for all the time you invested in helping me troubleshoot the pellet stove. I'm sure we will meet again on the forums. Until then, stay warm my friends. <3