• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slow burn

Sep 2, 2016
New Hampshire
Hello all, new member here. Have been burning wood for as long as I can remember. In my quest for the perfect stove I'm currently using a Warner wood stove for primary heat. Altho we have a very expensive high efficiency oil boiler. Most people tell me I crazy the thermostat is much easier to move than cords of wood. Anyway hello and I hope I may be of some help because I'm sure I'll come up with lots of questions most people wouldn't take the time to consider

Welcome to the forum! Hope your response to that move the thermostat response is that you are saving the cost of gym fees:)

Reactions: Old School
With the mild temp. And low oil price last year it probably would have been cheaper to burn oil. I get my wood log length. Cut split stack repeat. What would I have done with all the free time?

Well it's still better environmentally to burn the wood, plus how do people without stoves dry their gloves and hats?

Well it's still better environmentally to burn the wood, plus how do people without stoves dry their gloves and hats?
That is debatable. I think it is but not by as much as you would think and there are studies that say otherwise

That is debatable. I think it is but not by as much as you would think and there are studies that say otherwise

An intensive study confirmed that it is the most environmentally friendly way to dry your gloves and hat. >>

Status
Not open for further replies.