New name for fuel oil....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crossout

Hearth Supporter
Dec 15, 2010
lakeview michigan
The new name for fuel oil is FOOLS OIL!!! :mad: I can't believe this place cost too much heat and i come to find out this damn house have no insulation in the attic i just moved in Nov of 10 and thank god we are not on a lease and we are so out of here by next winter!!! price of "fools oil" is nuts!! i am glad this place have wood stove insert or we would be slapping a 30 days notice to move out due to high cost of heating this place... they are only renting this place because they can't sell this place no wonder why!! they are way over priced for the market ha a house down the road are $80,000 cheaper and 20 yrs newer then this place i am renting...i mean i love this place lots of room and every thing else but its not worth it here in the winter... my dad's 6 yr old house only cost him 50-80 a month on natural gas at 72 and this house will run me 300-400 a month running the furnace full time i just recently started 24 hrs on the wood stove insert 4 days ago and its working out pretty good so looks like i should be burning 100 a month on wood and that's fine by me and i only have 80 gals of fuel oil left and i am going to use up what i put it and leave it off where the tank level was at when i moved in NO more FOOLS OIL for me! looks like i am going to make the wood man a $150 richer in a few weeks and save me 200-300 a month on fools oil... lol i live and learn all right looking to buy a house and i know what to look for now!! a house with natural gas hook up and i will for sure buy me a nice wood stove or wood insert in the next house this forum been awesome for me for the last few weeks i learned a lot of stuff that i was doing wrong lol

I know the feeling. Our house is 125 years old, no insulation, and in process of remodel. House is a total of 2700 sq ft for 1st and 2nd floor, and 2nd floor is totally closed off due to remodel. So we are only heating the first floor. For the past 2 months we, on average, are going thru 8 gallons/day @ 3.28/gal. Heating is killing us. Installed new stove this weekend, so I am crossing my fingers that this will curve the heating bill significantly.

I just installed a new heat pump to replace the old central air. Oil boiler was not working. Called the oil company for a pump out. They asked me what I was going to for a heating system. Told them that I installed a heat pump as a back up for my wood stove. With the cost of oil, I could heat my house at 90 with the heat pump and still save $. Glad to be done with heating oil.

GordonShumway said:
I know the feeling. Our house is 125 years old, no insulation, and in process of remodel. House is a total of 2700 sq ft for 1st and 2nd floor, and 2nd floor is totally closed off due to remodel. So we are only heating the first floor. For the past 2 months we, on average, are going thru 8 gallons/day @ 3.28/gal. Heating is killing us. Installed new stove this weekend, so I am crossing my fingers that this will curve the heating bill significantly.

wow that's almost 800 a month! and yes the wood stove will help out a lot!!! we were avg 3.3 gals a day full time at night midnight comes down to 65 and at 1 am comes down to 63 at 5 am up to 65 and at 7 am up on 68 and some times i would catch my g/f jacking up the damn temperature at 70 or 72 and its not worth no $300- $400 a month like that! last place i lived we had a town house apt 1200 suq ft 2 floors and had it set at 72 during the day and at night down to 68 since the bedrooms was on the 2nd floor which is warmer and only paid an avg of 60-80 a month on natural gas in winters and summer comes down to 25 a month for hot water....

Status
Not open for further replies.