New shed....almost done.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks great !!!! Pretty well built for a "shed" :)

I know the feeling though, I ended up building mine from leftover materials from my cabin, the "flooring" is made of 2x10s.......

That thing will be sweet for you for years to come.

RynoVT said:
Updated pics.

Filled up half the shed with wood and the rest with junk. Sorry about the messy pics. We are still getting organized in our new home.

Cheers.

Beautiful shed Ryno! Hey if you don't want it I will take that junk off you hands! (Tractor and implements first!) :lol: Very nice job with the shed man. How many cord do you have in it now? What do you burn it in and how much wood do you go through in a season? Looks great.

The shed looks great. I finished mine up this year and i am really digging it. Not sure how i got along without it for so long.

Thanks gang. I have about 4 cords in half of it right now. I think that will get me through the winter. Our new home is ultra insulated and I'm hoping to use less than 4.

I did have to add some addtional support under the joists since that is a lot of weight to hold with just a joist hanger.

You'll notice that we are also having some spruce milled up that we are going to use for a barn eventially. I built the shed on 2x6 skids so that hopefully we'll be able to drag the shed with an excavator and attach as a lean-to to the side of the barn.

OP When your done do you think you could come and build mine for me lol, didn't have the time this year but next spring thats first thing on the agenda

Status
Not open for further replies.