New storage bins going up today!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pallet Pete

After being dead dog sick for the last couple of days I got sick of being sick and ignored reality an inserted my own that said I was fine :lol:
I started a last ditch effort before the snow flies to get more wood storage set up each bin holds 1.5 full cords probably 1 cord is more accurate.
We have had a really mild crappy winter this year so far it has only snowed a couple of times none has stuck around to speak of. The good news its getting colder real feel of 4F Monday WOOOOT!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERY BODY!!! ( YES I AM CAPS YELLING THAT ) %-P
Pete

Attachments

• IMG_20111231_170241.jpg
    IMG_20111231_170241.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 714
Disclaimer

There was no beer involved with the making of the previous post however there may be beer leading up to and beyond the set time of 12 am 1/1/12.
This does not mean the party above will be drunk but is not limited to spinning dizziness and or unconscious sleep time. If this happens said party's wife has the right to kick said party and or leave out in the cold for un-told amount of time as per ( For better or worse clause in marriage contract ). If said party has drank to much and is left in the cold said party will ashamedly apologize to said party's wife upon consciousness approximately 10 hours later.

Sign here X_______________________

Happy New Years guys you all rock!
Pete

PS thats just a bunch of $%^^ Im not getting drunk sheesh what where you guys thinking ha ;-P

Happy New Years Pete. Where the hell do you find those pallets?

I get them from my work we have to pay to get rid of em so I the resident wood burner and pallet builder takes them for free. They make amazing kindling as well !

Happy new year!
Pete

Pete, what if you took one pallet and used it for another side wall? So you would only have one side open, and used the 2x4s over the top to hold the sides in. I was just thinking sitting here looking at your pics. Happy New year

If I had access to your structural non insulated pallets, my entire pipeline would be under a roof.

You can if you ever come my way I will give all the pallets you want ;-) as long as I dont run out anyway! What is your pipeline anyway ?

Pete

Pete1983 said:
Disclaimer

There was no beer involved with the making of the previous post however there may be beer leading up to and beyond the set time of 12 am 1/1/12.
This does not mean the party above will be drunk but is not limited to spinning dizziness and or unconscious sleep time. If this happens said party's wife has the right to kick said party and or leave out in the cold for un-told amount of time as per ( For better or worse clause in marriage contract ). If said party has drank to much and is left in the cold said party will ashamedly apologize to said party's wife upon consciousness approximately 10 hours later.

Sign here X_The Big Dog / Bill Clinton______________________

Pete

PS thats just a bunch of $%^^ Im not getting drunk sheesh what where you guys thinking ha ;-P

Zap :eek:hh:

Looks great.

Pete1983 said:
What is your pipeline anyway ?

Sittin at about 25 cord now, about 3 years for me. Slacked this year and sold a little. Time to cut some wood.

Very nice SolarAndWind man that would have to be a really big roof though. That would be a fun job to make something that size out of pallets you gould get into the guiness records books lol.

Pete

zapny said:
Pete1983 said:
Disclaimer

Sign here X_The Big Dog / Bill Clinton______________________

Pete

Zap :eek:hh:

Looks great.

Haha and the list grows lol
Pete

Nice work Pete. Hope you feel better. And can get those bins completed. Best of luck to ya. I saw that shed in your original post. Like it. And am thinking of something similar thanks to you. I want to be able to handle my wood less, and be able to pick it up with a tractor and forks to move. Some type of bin like you are building should work. Just have to figure out what will work best for me. I managed to catch a cold from someone over vacation. Felt like crap the last 4 days. But over the counter stuff has been helping me sleep very well and work at a slow pace during the day. I have been getting some free pallets from a local UPS store, they usually have a good supply out in the back and told me to take them anytime I want. I have taken two truck loads so far, about 16 pallets so far. Keep up the good work, hopefully the weather will cooperate for you.

Gasifier said:
Nice work Pete. Hope you feel better. And can get those bins completed. Best of luck to ya. I saw that shed in your original post. Like it. And am thinking of something similar thanks to you. I want to be able to handle my wood less, and be able to pick it up with a tractor and forks to move. Some type of bin like you are building should work. Just have to figure out what will work best for me. I managed to catch a cold from someone over vacation. Felt like crap the last 4 days. But over the counter stuff has been helping me sleep very well and work at a slow pace during the day. I have been getting some free pallets from a local UPS store, they usually have a good supply out in the back and told me to take them anytime I want. I have taken two truck loads so far, about 16 pallets so far. Keep up the good work, hopefully the weather will cooperate for you.

I hope you get better! I thought I had a common cold but it turned out it was much worse there is a form of insinisitus going around and it is wicked. I have been on antibiotic, pain reliever, nasal spray and cold and sinus pills all of which are prescribed for the last 3 days and I am just able to do things today. All this after a week of getting worse to the point I went home on Wednesday and wanted to just sleep and couldn't due to drainage and dehydration. If your blowing buggers like crazy you may want to be sure you havnt got what I did its really nasty. I honestly believe God made pallets for people to build wood sheds :lol: ! They are amazing invention that every wood burner shouldn't be without unless you are - scratch that every wood burner shouldn't be without. Post some pics when you finish I would love to see as many others would how your sheds look when your done.

Happy New Year
Pete

For sure those pallets Pete has are great! I may try to bum a few from him maybe next summer.

Pete, I kept looking for you yesterday and thought you'd bring that saw over. I couldn't cut yet because my body just says NO! But a neighbor came over to cut and I did go back and shoot the breeze with him for a while. Also looked around a bit and finally found that chainsaw tool that I somehow lost. But it was really such a nice day I came close to trying to cut anyway. However, the back gets a few more days rest.

I hope your back gets better Dennis! I was gonna try to come over but I had this nag in the back of my brain saying do the bins do the bins make them now or you will regret it. The little bugger wouldn't get out of my head so I appeased him I mean my conciens :lol: I would like to try out the saw still but I am not sure when that will be now I am sorry I forgot to tell you that was jerkish of me. Hopefully you can forgive me this time :-/ those are puppy eyes by the way lol. I will get out there this winter and give you a hand that much I know if there is one thing I can't resist it's a big tree and a saw my father saw to that.

Happy new years Dennis
Pete

Buy the way if you want pallets say the word they make amazing kindling for starting fires I put a pile of small pieces on a super cedar and within 30 minutes I was of for the races from a cold start. I love the pallets :kiss: !

Pete

Pete, we'll get together some day.

¶ Pallet Pete even has Painted Pallets. ¶
¶ How many Pallets could Pallet Pete Paint if, if Pallet Pete had Paint. ¶ :)
Great use of Pallets, Pete :)
Hope you get to feeling better.
Great job!

bogydave said:
¶ Pallet Pete even has Painted Pallets. ¶
¶ How many Pallets could Pallet Pete Paint if, if Pallet Pete had Paint. ¶ :)
Great use of Pallets, Pete :)
Hope you get to feeling better.
Great job!

Haha love that Dave :) thanks I am doing better now. By the way that might go in my sig :lol:
Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.