new stove ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rr12

Oct 29, 2008
SC
I have been lurking for a while and gathering information, and have a question. I have narrowed down to a Harman either Oakwood or TL-300. My question is with backorder would I be better off buying one of the US stoves from Tractor Supply(which is available now) and installing it with the intention of swapping it with a Harman in the spring.
I will have to install a chimney for the stove and would take measurements for the Harman in consideration when placing the chimney.

I looked at this model from US Stove, the Magnolia, the other day. It's a cute medium stove, with a novel secondary supply. The latch seems a little wimpy, but other than that the stove seemed pretty solid. The welds looked robo-machine perfect. It won't heat like a big TL300, the firebox is half the size. My guess is that given its Chinese heritage, the stove won't have as high a resale value either, but if you are ok with that, it seems like it could be a decent burner.

Status
Not open for further replies.