New Toys

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Red

Jan 21, 2016
Onondaga NY
Wife's work had her drive to Bangor, Maine yesterday. I offered to go along and do some of the driving. Whilst she worked I drove across the river and a few miles to the Peavy Manufacturing Co. for a cant hook and a pickaroon. Might have to cut down a tree in the back yard just so's I can use them today.

IMG_0982.jpg

I got a cant hook for Christmas. I didn't use until March. I had to put it in the basement because it was killing me to see it and not be able to use it yet.

I'm feeling that I need a hookaroon too. Lol

These websites are gonna make me go broke.

Reactions: Old Red
Both great tools for a woodcutter to have! I made my own hookeroon out of an old ax head with a broken handle, slapped a new fiberglass handle on and good to go!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Reactions: 7acres and Old Red
And just in case those tools don't help this went on CL yesterday. 6 x 12 aluminum. Tires look brand new.

aluminamum t.jpg

You are all stocked up with nice toys!!

Reminded me I need to add a peavy to my kit too this year. Congrats on the new tools!

Hey Old Red . . . you were right in my neck of the woods . . . although I was quite a few miles away from Bangor on the day you were up to visit (specifically I was a few thousand miles away in Las Vegas for a fire safety conference.)

Status
Not open for further replies.