New Woodstock at home!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 5, 2010
North MS
I just went down town and picked up my new Fireview heater. I can't wait til I get off work so I can get home and get it setup and going! I hope everything goes off well with the setup if not y'all will hear from me tomorrow. LOL I will post some pic when everything is set. After the last two nights of lows in the low teens I am really excited about it. But just my luck next week we only have lows in the mid 30's but I will be happy to see those temps as well right now. This weather is tough in the South where people don't know how to prepare for it. I will keep everyone updated on my progress.

What are you going to do with the 2110?

I sold the 2110 last week during the coldest part of the winter. I had a friend that wanted that size and I needed a bigger fire box for longer burn times. The 2110 would heat the house but it was a little trouble just making sure everything was just right to get maximum burn time. I loved the heater itself, but I think I can come to love the Fireview also after I get use to it.
It worked out pretty well for me and him both. I got what I asked for it and he got a practically new heater for a few hundred less than new cost. So I am happy to move on and he is happy to have the 2110.

Jack, please don't forget that stove needs some burn-in time. Three fires usually does it fine. First fire, just kindling. Second fire, kindling and a couple small splits. Third fire take the temperature higher with kindling and 3-4 splits. After this is done, you are good to go!

Once again, Congratulations.

Backwoods Savage said:
Jack, please don't forget that stove needs some burn-in time. Three fires usually does it fine. First fire, just kindling. Second fire, kindling and a couple small splits. Third fire take the temperature higher with kindling and 3-4 splits. After this is done, you are good to go!

Once again, Congratulations.

+1 what Dennis said.

You have a great stove!

Good luck,
Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.