Next years wood moved into shelter!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

raybonz

Minister of Fire
Feb 5, 2008
Carver, MA.
Moved about 4 cords of wood into the shelter after being outside on pallets in the wind and sun for a full year and cut off the tarps on the front and sides of the wood shelter as I will be replacing them all this fall..

Ray

Attachments

• IMG_4674 (Large).JPG
    IMG_4674 (Large).JPG
    380.9 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_4675 (Large).JPG
    IMG_4675 (Large).JPG
    367.1 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_4676 (Large).JPG
    IMG_4676 (Large).JPG
    271.5 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_4677 (Large).JPG
    IMG_4677 (Large).JPG
    274.9 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_4678 (Large).JPG
    IMG_4678 (Large).JPG
    248.8 KB · Views: 155
How long had the wood been in the stacks Ray?
I put the wood from the over 2 year old stacks into the shed last year in June-ish, and thought that was early.
I'm shooting for August this year, to give the wood a bit more time in the field/sun/wind.
Good on ya for getting a jump on things. Now, all you have to do is refill the pallets.==c
Did someone mention bracing?:eek: ;)

Reactions: raybonz
Nice shed (wood port ;) )

Gets good air circ & out of the rain & snow

Same here, 1 year out, then into the shed (wood port) until burned.

"after being outside on pallets in the wind and sun for a full year"
"Same here, 1 year out, then into the shed (wood port) until burned."
Oh duh. I guess reading is fundamental. ;em
Thanks, Dave, for reminding me what Ray already said.:oops: You did it so diplomatically, too.

How long had the wood been in the stacks Ray?
I put the wood from the over 2 year old stacks into the shed last year in June-ish, and thought that was early.
I'm shooting for August this year, to give the wood a bit more time in the field/sun/wind.
Good on ya for getting a jump on things. Now, all you have to do is refill the pallets.==c
Did someone mention bracing?:eek: ;)
The stacks were in the wind (we get lots of wind here) and sun a full year before I moved them into the shelter and there is still 2 cords left in the shelter from this season with absolutely no sizzling.. The wind blows through the wood in the shelter too. I am getting 3-4 more cords delivered, locust and ash starting tomorrow which will be stacked outside plus I have another cord or so of oak and cherry to stack and I have a cherry to cut up on my property which I haven't gotten around to yet.. Life is good :)

Ray

The stacks were in the wind (we get lots of wind here) and sun a full year before I moved them into the shelter and there is still 2 cords left in the shelter from this season with absolutely no sizzling.. The wind blows through the wood in the shelter too. I am getting 3-4 more cords delivered, locust and ash starting tomorrow which will be stacked outside plus I have another cord or so of oak and cherry to stack and I have a cherry to cut up on my property which I haven't gotten around to yet.. Life is good :)

Ray

Your shed looks big enough for that much more wood. :)

with absolutely "no sizzling".

Like the firewood term "no sizzling" ;)

Your shed looks big enough for that much more wood. :)

Like the firewood term "no sizzling" ;)
Yes it could easily fit 12 cords however I store the wood wagon, elec. splitter, and 2 snowblowers in there.. Can heat my home for 2 full years with the wood in that shelter right now :)
Ray

Good for you Ray. Now clear out some of the other stuff and get that shed full. ;lol ;)
It's great keeping the wagon in there as I can load it out of the weather ;) If I ever get a shed then I will store much more in the shelter..

Ray

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Moved about 4 cords of wood into the shelter after being outside on pallets in the wind and sun for a full year and cut off the tarps on the front and sides of the wood shelter as I will be replacing them all this fall..

Ray
Ray, it looks like the wind screams through that area, nice job.

Ray, it looks like the wind screams through that area, nice job.
Yes it gets good wind through here.. The shelter points east we get winds from all directions..

Ray

Yes it gets good wind through here.. The shelter points east we get winds from all directions..

Ray
Are you closing the shed in leaving room for the wind to blow through?

Are you closing the shed in leaving room for the wind to blow through?
All sides will be open until sometime in October.. Full wind on all sides..

Ray

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Status
Not open for further replies.