Nice day today .. small ash deadfalls

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gark

Minister of Fire
Jan 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Sunny and moderate temps. here. The wife left a list of things for me to do, but she left town for the day. So of course I took the truck to the forest and got wood from two deadfall ash trees! The smaller was dragged through a stream so the saw cut ash and muck and water. Not a huge score, but it adds up even if just a little at a time. Some were a bit punky, but the worst got left behind.

Attachments

• ash 2 pulled out.jpg
    ash 2 pulled out.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 279
  • stream.jpg
    stream.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 273
  • rounds ash 12_11_2011.jpg
    rounds ash 12_11_2011.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 284
Sweet. I think dragging it through a stream adds to the fun. Nice pics.

Nice wood. Good score. It all adds up. Stay Warm

It's all good add it to the pile!

Ray

Gark said:
Sunny and moderate temps. here. The wife left a list of things for me to do, but she left town for the day. So of course I took the truck to the forest and got wood from two deadfall ash trees! The smaller was dragged through a stream so the saw cut ash and muck and water. Not a huge score, but it adds up even if just a little at a time. Some were a bit punky, but the worst got left behind.

Looks like you had nice weather, you're correct they all add up.

zap

Nice Gark. Now you get to sharpen the saw too after cutting through that muck.

Gark,

Cool pics. Cool work. Cool saw. Cool truck. Cool weather. Cool day. Cool wood. Ash is always cool. Till it's in the fire of course. ;-P

"It all adds up over time" . . . something I've always said . . . just started to figure out how much wood I have still in the woods from just working 2-3 hours every other weekend and I'm kind of shocked at how much more wood I have . . . as you said . . . it all adds up.

Status
Not open for further replies.