No firewood prices around here.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidV

Nov 20, 2005
Richmond VA
for the last week I've been trying to get a read on local firewood prices. Can't find 'em. no adds in the paper or anything. So many people have been offereing free firewood I think it's been depressing the firewood market here. I'm sure once it gets toward heating season it will change a bit but around here you always see piles and piles of wood just going to rot.

DavidV said:
for the last week I've been trying to get a read on local firewood prices. Can't find 'em. no adds in the paper or anything. So many people have been offereing free firewood I think it's been depressing the firewood market here. I'm sure once it gets toward heating season it will change a bit but around here you always see piles and piles of wood just going to rot.

Ad in the local papers:

VC Vigilant with 3 cords of wood - $500.

Single cords split and delivered: $140.00

Giant Truckload : listed as 500 cubic feet - delivered - $500.00

The move to pellets is probably helping the firewood market. For those willing to do the work or scrounge, the pickings are good.

Aside from the free ads (and there are always a few in the paper) the newspaper ads here in SW Ohio are mostly $125-$150 per cord for seasoned hardwood delivered and stacked.

My 5 cords came out of my neighbors' yards for free . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.