Oct/Nov wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

ISeeDeadBTUs

B4 someone slaps a fine on me for recommending something unwise . . . let me just say I'm not necessarily recomending this. But it's what I try to do till the ground freezes up so I can get into the woods.

Mostly pine, hemlock, some larch. Rarely a slab or two of red oak. When it gets down in the mid 20's you can't keep much more than a 7 hr fire. Here's hopin most of Nov >25 °F

Sold my machine over the summer, then picked up this one. Haven't had it in the woods yet.

ISeeDeadBTUs said:
Sold my machine over the summer, then picked up this one.

That thing is kinda "cute". What is it?

Kubota. Maybe an L-series. Nice rig.

fossil said:
Kubota. Maybe an L-series. Nice rig.

I have to say that they make some of the niftyest units on the market, IMHO. I have never operated one, but they sure do look user friendly. Do they have a forward/reverse shuttle, or are they strictly forward and reverse gears?

Sorry ISDBtus - I don't mean to turn this into a tractor thread.

Hydraulics are your friend when you head for 50 :wow:

And no on the 'L' . . . they gotz whimpy rear axles on the L's . . . it's an M6040. The bank is nice enough to let me use it as long as I stop in and visit them once a month!

Do you have a matching colored sawmill? I use my slabs the same way off the woodmizer, I have a rack similar to the one you have there.

Do you have a grapple for the new toy? That is by far the most useful attachment I've ever bought in my life :)

ISeeDeadBTUs said:

And no on the 'L' . . . they gotz whimpy rear axles on the L's . . . it's an M6040. The bank is nice enough to let me use it as long as I stop in and visit them once a month!

Hydraulics are your friend well past 50 too!

Nothing wrong with burning that stuff at this time of the year.

Backwoods Savage said:
ISeeDeadBTUs said:

Hydraulics are your friend well past 50 too!

Nothing wrong with burning that stuff at this time of the year.

I'm gonna go and say "It might always be a welcome friend at any age"? :lol:

I have enough problem just using the splitter, couldn't imagine doing it by hand

ISeeDeadBTUs said:

Nice tractor, if you miss a couple of months bring that thing up here we wOOd hide it for you.

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.