omg.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Touch0Gray

Feb 8, 2020
Wi
we have had an incredibly labor intensive 2 weeks doing a MAJOR reno on my son's condo repairing damage from a water leak (new layed of 3/4 sturi-floor, underlayment, new cabinets (my wife had him order unfinished, so we finished them (solid wood (cherry) faces and solid plywood carcasses). We got the new flooring done yesterday and it looks great (as well as being waterPROOF). I kind of fell asleep in the chair before bed so my wife loaded up the stove. I went to bed and woke up at 12:30 in a puddle of sweat! Apparently there was no need to load 50 pounds or well cured oak into the stove!

. I went to bed and woke up at 12:30 in a puddle of sweat! Apparently there was no need to load 50 pounds or well cured oak into the stove!

Think of it as a new sauna room.

Reactions: Touch0Gray
I finished a couple of cabinets once, and I will never do it again. Single piece woodworking projects are fine, but stain and finish for an hour a night for days and days is just killer.

Reactions: Touch0Gray
I finished a couple of cabinets once, and I will never do it again. Single piece woodworking projects are fine, but stain and finish for an hour a night for days and days is just killer.
My cabinets need refinished. They are solid Ash .After 25 years they are in like new condition except for the varnish. Would be hard to find better quality new cabinets so the doors must be refinished. The local small company that made them doesnt seem interested in doing the job. Look like i have no choice but to DIY.

Reactions: enduring