Only MMaul can come closer!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
This is the dead pine that was near the driveway that needed to come down so we had the tree saver around the tree hooked up to the 5/16 inch cable before I cut it. The top was already leaning against the nearest tree so when I cut it it came off the stump and stuck, I then hooked the cable to the old winch on the back of the rhino and pulled it down and bucked it up.

We will use it for kindling or the shoulder season for the 2011-2012 heating season, if I get time I'll split it Sunday.

Zap

Attachments

• 100_2691.jpg
    100_2691.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 376
  • 100_2692.jpg
    100_2692.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 456
  • 100_2693.jpg
    100_2693.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 375
  • 100_2694.jpg
    100_2694.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 386
  • 100_2695.jpg
    100_2695.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 375
  • 100_2696.jpg
    100_2696.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 395
Nice, MMAUL will be proud....Sometimes you just roll with it because the worst thing that can happen may be the best!

Oh ya. That one needed to come down.

MMAUL is at my house Laughing! :lol:

smokinjay said:
MMAUL is at my house Laughing! :lol:

How did the KING of the fell do today? My wife still can't believe mmaul came that close to the splitter.

Zap

You did the math well.
Perfect fit where it fell :)
Others like drama :lol:
Good job

bogydave said:
You did the math well.
Perfect fit where it fell :)
Others like drama :lol:
Good job

Once it started to come down and the wife saw the direction it was falling she turned away, :red: but like my old baseball coach use to say when I took a walk, yole eye zap.

Zap

I think it looks perfect. Plenty of room. :) That looks like threading the needle to me.

Great pics Zap! If it were me that would be kindling wood as we like you have loads of hardwood in this area.. Around here the pine gets attacked by borers once down even in the wood pile.. My house is made of red pine and I always worry that those critters will attack my log walls! Right now I am burning that dreaded American Elm and it actually burns pretty well however I never want to deal with it again.. I see you still have snow on the ground there ours went away a few weeks ago hopefully for good!

Ray

raybonz said:
Great pics Zap! If it were me that would be kindling wood as we like you have loads of hardwood in this area.. Around here the pine gets attacked by borers once down even in the wood pile.. My house is made of red pine and I always worry that those critters will attack my log walls! Right now I am burning that dreaded American Elm and it actually burns pretty well however I never want to deal with it again.. I see you still have snow on the ground there ours went away a few weeks ago hopefully for good!

Ray

Ray it looks like more snow tonight with warmer temps coming in at the end of March plus more rain and snow.

Zap

MMaul said:
I think it looks perfect. Plenty of room. :) That looks like threading the needle to me.

It needed the help of the cable but it was close.

Zap

zapny said:
MMaul said:

It needed the help of the cable but it was close.

Zap

Nothing wrong with a cable helper! Sure makes me feel better when one is in!

Status
Not open for further replies.