Osburn 3500 reviews please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Run those fans on their lowest setting. Quiet, and you don't want to mess up the stratification of the warm and colder air when using fans this way.
So fan on low speed in other rooms pointed towards the living room. Got it. Was also thinking to circulate air through the central air system but I'm really not sure how it distributes it. Wouldn't want a bunch of that warm air to go towards my basement which nobody inhabits.

Yes, it is most effective to slowly blow the colder air to the stove. It'll be replaced by the warmer air.

Really nice install Togul83. You're going to love that big, bad boy this winter.

So fan on low speed in other rooms pointed towards the living room. Got it. Was also thinking to circulate air through the central air system but I'm really not sure how it distributes it. Wouldn't want a bunch of that warm air to go towards my basement which nobody inhabits.
Unless the hvac ductwork is sealed, insulated and set up for a heatpump, the heat losses may offset the distribution gains. Regular forced hot air furnace ductwork can be quite lossy. Try it without any fans except the insert blower and a ceiling fan running in reverse in the family room. That may be adequate for circulation. If an additional fan is needed, a 12" table fan will work fine, placed on the floor in the cooler area, blowing toward the family room.

Really nice install Togul83. You're going to love that big, bad boy this winter.

Unless the hvac ductwork is sealed, insulated and set up for a heatpump, the heat losses may offset the distribution gains. Regular forced hot air furnace ductwork can be quite lossy. Try it without any fans except the insert blower and a ceiling fan running in reverse in the family room. That may be adequate for circulation. If an additional fan is needed, a 12" table fan will work fine, placed on the floor in the cooler area, blowing toward the family room.

Sounds good. Unfortunately, I don't have a ceiling fan.

Sounds good. Unfortunately, I don't have a ceiling fan.
The insert blower will help, but heat will pocket up near the ceiling peak without some mixing of the room air. Ceiling fans are very good for this purpose and may be a good addition. In lieu of that, a fan blowing at an angle up towards the ceiling may help mix the air.
Osburn 3500 reviews please

Reactions: MJSullivan56
The insert blower will help, but heat will pocket up near the ceiling peak without some mixing of the room air. Ceiling fans are very good for this purpose and may be a good addition. In lieu of that, a fan blowing at an angle up towards the ceiling may help mix the air.
View attachment 298113
Thank you very much, the diagram is very helpful. Because the unit and install has set me back some coin, I think a ceiling fan is going to have to wait. I think I'm going to try a box on the floor in that kitchen area on the left in the photo. Because that kitchen area is 4 steps higher than the FP room I'm hoping I get good heat transfer naturally.

Reactions: stoveliker
Thank you very much, the diagram is very helpful. Because the unit and install has set me back some coin, I think a ceiling fan is going to have to wait. I think I'm going to try a box on the floor in that kitchen area on the left in the photo. Because that kitchen area is 4 steps higher than the FP room I'm hoping I get good heat transfer naturally.
That area may convect naturally without too much assistance. Our open floorplan stays pretty evenly heated.

I have 3300. We heat with it full-time. Great stove and SBI has excellent customer service. I am very happy with the stove and the company.

Reactions: begreen