Our wood stove installation denied

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I would install the new stove with double wall pipe and new liner (a must and insulation is a plus...) in chimney and a cap. But I also would follow the clearances to combustibles walls in the manual. Then the inspector can't really complain except maybe for the distance between top of pipe and where platers is not covered with your wall spacers and the thimble adapter area.

Your inspector saved you a lot of headaches by forcing you to get a new stove.

Reactions: bholler
The so called T is
No T should be needed, your piping the stove from the stoves flue collar straight up to a 90 and into the pre-lined chimney.
actually the end of the liner to pull it down then the 90* part has a special strap to grab and tighten to that section, then your single wall pipe connects to that ( youtube videos will show all this....

The so called T is

actually the end of the liner to pull it down then the 90* part has a special strap to grab and tighten to that section, then your single wall pipe connects to that ( youtube videos will show all this....
Yes, if you have a stainless steel liner within the existing chimney, what we were referring to was masonry with no stainless steel liner, so no T is needed since there already is a terracotta lined crock and chimney

Reactions: Sono
Yes, if you have a stainless steel liner within the existing chimney, what we were referring to was masonry with no stainless steel liner, so no T is needed since there already is a terracotta lined crock and chimney
from my understanding they bought the liner so they will need this.

from my understanding they bought the liner so they will need this.
WOW I see I missed the post with the op saying that they are installing a stainless-steel liner, sorry about that.

Reactions: Sono