Overnight burn?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully you guys don't mind if I tag along on this thread. I posted a few months ago when deciding which insert to get. I decided on the QuadraFire Voyager Grand - ZC, 2.4 Cu Ft firebox with outside air kit. This is my first wood burner and I'm trying to get a handle on everything I need to know. I'm having trouble with overnight burns also. Although, with what I've read so far, the manufacturer's definition of "burn" is different than mine. DBoon, I'm definitely going to try your suggestions from post #11 (https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/overnight-burn.157454/#post-2112555).

I think my biggest issue is the seasoning of my wood. We just bought this place in May and I've only been splitting for the past couple months, so I doubt that any of my wood is truly seasoned. I did find some nice, dry wood (oak, I think) already downed on my property that I split just yesterday, but haven't had a chance to try it yet.

Maybe I should buy a cord or so of seasoned wood for this burn season and let my pile sit for a year? Anyway, I appreciate all the information here.

Status
Not open for further replies.