• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wefdwgfd

Dec 21, 2015
New york
I have a harman p43 stove. When I attempt to run the stove in room temp mode the stove will not regulate the temperature. If I set it for 70 degrees I will wake up in the middle of the night to find it 80 degrees. On initial startup if I turn the temp setting down the status light goes out but if the stove has any heat to it I can turn it down to 50 degrees and it will just keep running. The temperature sensor, control board and esp have all been replaced trying to fix this problem. The temperature sensor is in the middle of the room approximately 5 feet off the ground. The stove is clean. I don't know what more to do. Help me please!

What is the temp outdoors at night lately and are you running it in Room Temp Auto ( igniter on) or Room Temp Manual ( igniter off).

Spent a night trying to figure out a similar problem about a week ago. Have you checked the outlet for correct polarity etc. These newer stoves electronics are a bit more fussy with the power source and if its not good it sets off a hard to diagnose problem or two.
Are you running with a surge suppressor or a good UPS? A newer UPS will detect issues with outlet.

Spent a night trying to figure out a similar problem about a week ago. Have you checked the outlet for correct polarity etc. These newer stoves electronics are a bit more fussy with the power source and if its not good it sets off a hard to diagnose problem or two.
Are you running with a surge suppressor or a good UPS? A newer UPS will detect issues with outlet.

I just checked the polarity and that's good. I tried a different outlet with a UPS and I get the same result.

Never got how old of stove? And running for an hour probably not long enough to see if stove will act up

How far away is the temperature sensor? Have you extended the lead?

Have you done the dollar bill test on the door gaskets? Sometimes a air leak can screw with the ESP
Cleaned and checked the fines box and got the cover on?

Reactions: bags
Is the stove giving you a real flame, or more of a maintenance burn (very low flame)? If it is more a maintenance burn that never goes out then there is probably an issue with the probe connection (or the extension connection); the stove never gets any input so it has no idea what to do and just does a maintenance burn. If you are getting reall flames (other than at, and just after start up), then that isn't the issue.

Have you done the dollar bill test on the door gaskets? Sometimes a air leak can screw with the ESP
You bought a new probe, try hooking that up without the extension and see what happens then in room temp mode.
Edit: oops just realized I quoted the wrong message.

I haven't tried the dollar bill test yet, I'll try it when I get home tonight and give you an update.

Is the stove giving you a real flame, or more of a maintenance burn (very low flame)? If it is more a maintenance burn that never goes out then there is probably an issue with the probe connection (or the extension connection); the stove never gets any input so it has no idea what to do and just does a maintenance burn. If you are getting reall flames (other than at, and just after start up), then that isn't the issue.
It's a real flame, full throttle.

I did the dollar bill test and I have no issues there. I also double checked the fines box. I vacuumed out the fines and made sure it's seated properly. I still have the same issue.;?

You bought a new probe, try hooking that up without the extension and see what happens then in room temp mode.
Edit: oops just realized I quoted the wrong message.
X2, extended wires are sinking the signal. You want thin gauge wire for this and connectors that are millivolt compatible. Also, do t put the sensor on an exterior cool wall

Status
Not open for further replies.