Pacific energy summit insert replacing old zero clearence

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

begreen

Mooderator
Staff member
Nov 18, 2005
South Puget Sound, WA
Understanding that burn time is always relative to the heat loss of the house. Burn time at 40º is going to be much better than at 10º. When the fireplace is being pushed for heat, the burn time could drop to 4 hrs.

begreen

Mooderator
Staff member
Nov 18, 2005
South Puget Sound, WA
It's good that you are taking the time to explore options. Call around to local dealers too. Maybe someone has an FP30 they are trying to move.

PAbeech

May 16, 2021
Wallenpaupak, PA
It's good that you are taking the time to explore options. Call around to local dealers too. Maybe someone has an FP30 they are trying to move.
Yah i am so happy i randomly came across PE's line of zero clearance units. And you mean call around to find used fp30s in good condition?

begreen

Mooderator
Staff member
Nov 18, 2005
South Puget Sound, WA
Used or perhaps a new one that a customer backed out on. It never hurts to ask.

Yah i am so happy i randomly came across PE's line of zero clearance units.
Suggested in posting #2. ;)

Reactions: PAbeech

begreen

Mooderator
Staff member
Nov 18, 2005
South Puget Sound, WA
Just curious, what are they asking for the FP30?

Hogwildz

Minister of Fire
FP16 is 1.6 sf firebox. Way too small

BCC_Burner

Feeling the Heat
Sep 10, 2013
Uptown Marble, CO
Enjoy your new ZC fireplace! I think you're going to be running it hot and hard to provide enough heat for a house the size of yours, but at least that should ensure you're burning clean.

begreen

Mooderator
Staff member
Nov 18, 2005
South Puget Sound, WA
Enjoy your new ZC fireplace! I think you're going to be running it hot and hard to provide enough heat for a house the size of yours, but at least that should ensure you're burning clean.
For a lt of the time it will be ok. When it gets extra cold outside it can act as a supplement to the primary heating system.

begreen

Mooderator
Staff member
Nov 18, 2005
South Puget Sound, WA
These pacific energy products are built for canadian winters , my pennsylvania winter has nothing on canadas;lol
They are built in Duncan, British Colombia which has a maritime pacific climate. It's pretty mild.

Hogwildz

Minister of Fire
Its going to work perfect in my size home! Thanks for your concern though
Glad you think so. Have fun loading it every 4 hours or so. Hope you have patience to burn the coals down and run the main house heater while that is going on. Can't say you weren't warned.