Pellet Addiction

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joefraser

Hearth Supporter
Oct 4, 2009
Somersworth,NH
Think about this,

When burning pellets:
Many of us will come home excited because when we come home with 5 bags of a new pellet brand. $30 for maybe a week or so of heat.
We look forward to our $250-$300 delivery of a ton which we then have to load into the garage or basement :)
Our laugh out loud moment of the day is usually reading something funny in the pellet forum (Usually any of Kooser's posts. They're great)
Have fun checking air temps of different brands of pellets
Have to share our pics of our stove and the ton sitting in the bed of the pickup and the pretty stacks of pellets in the basement.
We buy a few extra pallets of pellets even though we don't need them, so we can ensure membership in the Pellet Pig Club, which we desire to join.

When burning oil:
Our day is ruined when we find out the oil tank is below a 1/4 of a tank and need a delivery.
Curse continuously as writing out the $300 check for oil :mad:
Never sat in front of the furnace and checked air temps
Never heard of anyone taking a picture of their oil furnace or they're oil delivery
No Oil Pig Club and who would want to join?

Are we sure they're aren't additives in the pellets that cause this addictive behavior? Or maybe subliminal messages on the bag? Hmmm...Gotta go try to find some more pellets....

Haha, funny how that is, never took a picture of the propane truck. Lots of pictures of pellet stacks and the stove. This funny, sad but true. I think we need to all go to PA (Pellet Anonymous) meetings. "Hi my name is Adam and I am addicted to pellets!"

joefraser said:
Think about this,

When burning pellets:
Many of us will come home excited because when we come home with 5 bags of a new pellet brand. $30 for maybe a week or so of heat.
We look forward to our $250-$300 delivery of a ton which we then have to load into the garage or basement :)
Our laugh out loud moment of the day is usually reading something funny in the pellet forum (Usually any of Kooser's posts. They're great)
Have fun checking air temps of different brands of pellets
Have to share our pics of our stove and the ton sitting in the bed of the pickup and the pretty stacks of pellets in the basement.
We buy a few extra pallets of pellets even though we don't need them, so we can ensure membership in the Pellet Pig Club, which we desire to join.

When burning oil:
Our day is ruined when we find out the oil tank is below a 1/4 of a tank and need a delivery.
Curse continuously as writing out the $300 check for oil :mad:
Never sat in front of the furnace and checked air temps
Never heard of anyone taking a picture of their oil furnace or they're oil delivery
No Oil Pig Club and who would want to join?

Are we sure they're aren't additives in the pellets that cause this addictive behavior? Or maybe subliminal messages on the bag? Hmmm...Gotta go try to find some more pellets....
your so right, although i can't relate to the check writing for oil, i know that i wont be writing the $800 check to the electric company this winter but instead only $250.....and for that im glad im addicted to pellets.

Funny yet very true. There isnt a day that goes by that i dont go and check the temps of my stove. I am currently trying out 4 brands of pellets, problem is, its still too warm.

You are so true with the comentary.
happy to spend money on pellets but cursing the oil company. :coolsmile:

I feel your pain, doesn't matter how many tons are on deck to be burned, it is sure hard to pass by a pellet that I have yet to burn. I just can't wait to get home with my few bags and screen, and burn em. My name is Stillersnut and I am a pellet addict.

How very true this is.

I've got it so bad, I have been buying these cheap pellets just so I don't have to burn my special brand. Got to save them for when I really need them. I would be like macman, If I had more room. Even though 4 tons is a good years supply. I rather have double that. Just so I could say so.

I still have my 1st pellet stove a 1994 Quadra-Fire Nova 800. Kinda all rusty from hanging around for the last few years. But to me she's still as pretty as the day I first saw her. I got it real bad!

Had to do it to me didn't ya? Oh , well. Been ditherin' and datherin' on which way to go for a month now, at least. Know I gotta get another ton, just not sure what kind, where, when, ya know. Read this, got up, called EBS, told 'em to bring me down a ton of Athens tomorrow, they just marked 'em down to $265 (delivered). Gonna burn Maine made pellets all winter. If I get a chance, now, when ( if ) I'm on a road trip, I can get a few bags at a time of something else to try, but primary heat will all be local. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy, the Old Gray Mare is ecstatic, gonna have a cocktail or two, woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very cool BTU I have used the eagle valley and love them,can't wait to find some okies to try out.

BTU,

Very cool video. I will have sweet dreams tonight! :cheese:

Eagle Valley is now on the look out for list!

Thanks
jay

I confess I am a pellet junkie, I live in the city and unfortunately this is one dealer you can't find on the corner, I have to make a road trip, I get my Friend's to go in with me so I can get a better deal, and have extra for my head (opps stove!)

Status
Not open for further replies.