Pellet Pig demerit points

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TLHinCanada said:
Isn't there also a qualification that the vehicle hauling the pellets must be at least fifteen years old and have rust. I'm only remembering this from threads past. I would never list my stash to many moochers and thieves about.

It must be your beater vehicle.

No, I have three trucks. Two 95's and a 94 gmc vanduras. I can still work on them and do the body work.

TLHinCanada said:
Isn't there also a qualification that the vehicle hauling the pellets must be at least fifteen years old and have rust. I'm only remembering this from threads past. I would never list my stash to many moochers and thieves about.

If it's old & rusted, you get bonus points. :lol: But normally just hauling them in a pick-up is sufficient.

I'm a newbie! What can I say? I can't stop myself. I've been looking far and wide for some Cubex to add to my smorgasbord but haven't had any luck with them. Those are hard to find. I'm picking up another ton of Barefoots tomorrow to add to the total. That should beef up my application for Piggy status.

Smokey, ALL of these pellets were self hauled and stacked either in the garage or basement. Might have to break up this last ton of Barefoots to give my back a break plus I'm waiting for my third log rack to come in tomorrow in order to stack this new ton. Where is this Pellet Piggy application you speak of? I'm ready, willing and able to supply all necessary documents to show my piggishness! Even if not full fledged pig, I should qualify for a small one! If not even a small one, how about Wanna-Be-Pig with most variety?? You guys have to give me something for trying!

I have a 2001 Ford pickup with some under carriage rust but not as bad. My 1997 out of commission right now thanks to a drunk driver. I should get a bonus point or two for those.

hotdawg said:
....Even if not full fledged pig, I should qualify for a small one! If not even a small one, how about Wanna-Be-Pig with most variety?? You guys have to give me something for trying!

Piglet

hotdawg,

The pigs are meeting tonight and will give your application consideration. Standby.

just a side note on rusty vehicles.

i am stoked that this town doesn't seem to use salt on the roads. you just don't see rusted out cars and trucks here.
it was a big concern moving from oregon w/ our super low mileage subaru.

yay for sand!

5 tons left.When it gonna get cold? I was able to hold the house at 65 last night on setting 4. Insulation and air sealing worked well.

Time for some more okies

Wow I had two ton and thought it was alot! Five (5) would fill my entire basement lol! I have learned to buy whenever you see some. Right now everywhere from Wal Mart Lowes to Tractor Supply have pellets in bulk less then ten miles from my house. Not to mention Powerhouse Pellets is five miles from my home. I will get another ton delivered tomorrow. (Lignetics)

Pelletfisky said:
Wow I had two ton and thought it was alot! Five (5) would fill my entire basement lol! .........I will get another ton delivered tomorrow. (Lignetics)

In most cases, the minimum with an average sized home, and average size stove is 3 tons. Most of us have realized (especially after last winter (AKA the winter from He**), that you should have at least 1 more ton than that.

BTW, which version of the Lignetics do they have? Green lettering or Blue, all hardwood or hard/soft combo?

I'm burning the Green lettering hard/soft mix and am getting very good results, and i also have the Green lettering all Hardwood....maybe just a tiny bit less heat, but good overall.

St_Earl said:
just a side note on rusty vehicles.

i am stoked that this town doesn't seem to use salt on the roads. you just don't see rusted out cars and trucks here.
it was a big concern moving from oregon w/ our super low mileage subaru.

yay for sand!

They reserve the good stuff for when it is needed, that sand is usually a salt sand mix. You might want to ask someone at your towns public works department.

I knew it wuz only a matter of time ....... I can see it now ..........
Premeiring this week on A&E - PELLET PIG WARS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Well, that weren't a rule when I joined"
"Don't matter, it's a rule now"
"How come?"
"' Cuz I said so"
"You can't do that"
"Yes I can"

I think you're on to something! Pellet Pig Wars! Awesome! I love Storage Wars! Can you imagine the possibilities? Where do I sign up??

yuuuuuuup!

hotdawg said:
I think you're on to something! Pellet Pig Wars! Awesome! I love Storage Wars! Can you imagine the possibilities? Where do I sign up??

Im in!!!!!!! ;-P

For all applicants to the pellet pigs your applications have been approved please remit your dues to our money launderer and add the following to your signatures:

“Proud member of the Pellet Pig Club†OINK OINK!!
“You pellet pigs should be ashaimed of yourselvesâ€-eernest4-Grand Poobah-Pellet Pig Clubâ€

To all pellet pigs taking great joy in possible Pellet Pig Warfare you might want to reconsider, some Oinkers have been known to play dirty.

DexterDay said:
smoke show said:
This should be good.

Yep... Plan ahead... Keep a good stockpile.
I Brought home another ton of Somersets last week.... Didnt need them.. But the truck was being unloaded when I was there and I'm a sucker for pellets!!

A pig is a pig for one reason. If you run out during season (a mild one at that) , then one cant be a true PIG.
i do think the sommersets are a very decent pellet but come on dexterday you got ten tons .i think you got a serious case of the swine flue ..keep up the good work ./. lol

imacman said:
Pelletfisky said:
Wow I had two ton and thought it was alot! Five (5) would fill my entire basement lol! .........I will get another ton delivered tomorrow. (Lignetics)

In most cases, the minimum with an average sized home, and average size stove is 3 tons. Most of us have realized (especially after last winter (AKA the winter from He**), that you should have at least 1 more ton than that.

BTW, which version of the Lignetics do they have? Green lettering or Blue, all hardwood or hard/soft combo?

I'm burning the Green lettering hard/soft mix and am getting very good results, and i also have the Green lettering all Hardwood....maybe just a tiny bit less heat, but good overall.

Oh come on 3 tons what a piker, I know you can do better than that.

smilejamaica said:
DexterDay said:
smoke show said:
This should be good.

Yep... Plan ahead... Keep a good stockpile.
I Brought home another ton of Somersets last week.... Didnt need them.. But the truck was being unloaded when I was there and I'm a sucker for pellets!!

A pig is a pig for one reason. If you run out during season (a mild one at that) , then one cant be a true PIG.
i do think the sommersets are a very decent pellet but come on dexterday you got ten tons .i think you got a serious case of the swine flue ..keep up the good work ./. lol

10 ton or 8 ton (you) its all the same. We are the big Pigs!! Be proud...

I also look at it like this......If prices skyrocket, I have a year or more to wait out the storm. I have just over 3 yrs worth of Cord wood. My goal is to get about 3 yrs ahead with Pellets. Having the option to buy (or not buy) is nice.

Bought 5 (ton) before the end of last season, 2 in March, and 2 in April. Then bought 5-15 bags of various pellets as I came across them. Then add the ton from last week. Doesn't take long.... I have still bought more bags (5-15 at a time) than I have burned this year. So the piles keep growing...

Gotta love it... You have quite the Shmorgashboard yourself.... Different pellets for different days of the week (temps).

imacman said:
Pelletfisky said:

I have the Lignetics with green lettering and all hard wood. Makes me interested in the mix..

SmokeyTheBear said:
To all pellet pigs taking great joy in possible Pellet Pig Warfare you might want to reconsider, some Oinkers have been known to play dirty.

Well, Them pellets always look better on my stack. But I tend to go the silent route. Fill your stash before you open your trap is a safe bet with all these hording pigs lurking!

Welcome new piggies, Don't expect any of us to play fair! ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.