Pellet Pig demerit points

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DexterDay said:
hotdawg said:
I think you're on to something! Pellet Pig Wars! Awesome! I love Storage Wars! Can you imagine the possibilities? Where do I sign up??

Im in!!!!!!! ;-P
OK, so while you guys are playing your pellet pig war game, pay no attention to the guy rooting around your stash while helping myself to your goods. :coolsmirk:

don't come around my stack.

may have to bust out the pellet gun. LOL!

DonD said:
DexterDay said:
hotdawg said:
I think you're on to something! Pellet Pig Wars! Awesome! I love Storage Wars! Can you imagine the possibilities? Where do I sign up??

Im in!!!!!!! ;-P
OK, so while you guys are playing your pellet pig war game, pay no attention to the guy rooting around your stash while helping myself to your goods. :coolsmirk:

Ever seen the "The Goonies". I got "Boobie Traps" set... Big Pig traps set about the property, garage, and pellet crib in the basement. Learned my lesson from friends and family. Have several friends (my Father starting this season also) that come over and eye my stacks..... Learned quickly what there intentions were.

I started with somewhere around 3 tons, exact amount unkown due to the various stacks in the barn and multiple trips picking up a few bags here and there. Most hauled half ton at a time in a 23 year old Chevy pickup, the rest 5 to 8 bags at a time in the trunk of the daily driver. Not all before first frost though. Dammit. At the rate i'm burning them i'll have a ton left at the end of the season, unless it gets really cold out. Only opened bag 26 tonight. I'll keep better count of starting inventory next season.

DexterDay said:
DonD said:
DexterDay said:
hotdawg said:

Im in!!!!!!! ;-P

Ever seen the "The Goonies". I got "Boobie Traps" set... Big Pig traps set about the property, garage, and pellet crib in the basement. Learned my lesson from friends and family. Have several friends (my Father starting this season also) that come over and eye my stacks..... Learned quickly what there intentions were.

I use the large bear traps with auxiliary teeth.

Can stop a pellet crazed Oinker in its tracks.

hotdawg said:
I'm a newbie! What can I say? I can't stop myself. I've been looking far and wide for some Cubex to add to my smorgasbord but haven't had any luck with them. Those are hard to find. I'm picking up another ton of Barefoots tomorrow to add to the total. That should beef up my application for Piggy status.
Interested in a road trip to BT Pellets in Bristol CT? I'm looking for someone to split a ton of Cubex - cash 'n' carry.

Sorry - don't have a rusted pickup so I can't carry back a ton. Wish I still had my rusted out '91 Pathfinder. I could've really loaded that sucker up and driven home in true piggy style!

DexterDay said:
DonD said:
DexterDay said:
hotdawg said:

Im in!!!!!!! ;-P

hehehehe he said 'boobie' :lol:

images

you guys are really to much. Whether you have 1 ton or 10 tons your going to be warm.

TLHinCanada said:
you guys are really to much. Whether you have 1 ton or 10 tons your going to be warm.

but if you get enough and reach critical mass....

Do I have to wiggle a shinny object to get everyone's attention. This went off track.

Eric

kinsman stoves [email said:
[email protected][/email]]Do I have to wiggle a shinny object to get everyone's attention. This went off track.

Eric

Shiny objects have no effect on us, Must wave pellet bags or we aint interested! :cheese:

Its all pellet pig chatter and not many, if any do any threads ever stay on the rails. Right turn Clyde? Or was it a left?

says who I use the extra tons for insulation LOL

I'm ordering two more tons today :D

TLHinCanada said:

j-takeman said:
Right turn Clyde? Or was it a left?

Right, Clyde was sitting in the passenger seat. (Who can name that movie?)

DonD said:
DexterDay said:
DonD said:
DexterDay said:
hotdawg said:

Im in!!!!!!! ;-P

hehehehe he said 'boobie' :lol:

images

Now that's funny!!

TLHinCanada said:
I can't resist, just got two tons (delivered) $145.00 a ton.

Good deal, from where, and what brand? :)

DonD said:
Interested in a road trip to BT Pellets in Bristol CT? I'm looking for someone to split a ton of Cubex - cash 'n' carry.

I'll have my Escape in Bristol next Wednesday. It can hold a half ton...

Ken-H said:
DonD said:

I'll have my Escape in Bristol next Wednesday. It can hold a half ton...
I can't do it Wednesday but if you are up for it I can see if they'll let me take my half Saturday. Let me know...

It was Rona and a one in a lifetime deal. We went in and my wife noticed a sign that said buy 1 get 50% of second off all burnables. So she asked if that included pellets, sales person didn't know so asked the manager. He said sure, I asked if it was okay if I came in on Tuesday and bought them (they have a 10% off first Tuesday of month, plus an extra 5% on the card). Total billing without tax came out to v$292.40. When I went in to pay the yard manger was up at the desk (known him for a few years) he told the store manager to have them delivered because it wasn't cost effective to hand bomb them into my truck. So pushing it I told him that it had to walked into the basement. his response "we'll send two guys with the truck and tell them were to put them" They walked up twelve stairs and down twelve stair and probably 200 yards and stacked them.Let me tell ya that's service.

TLHinCanada said:
It was Rona and a one in a lifetime deal. We went in and my wife noticed a sign that said buy 1 get 50% of second off all burnables. So she asked if that included pellets, sales person didn't know so asked the manager. He said sure, I asked if it was okay if I came in on Tuesday and bought them (they have a 10% off first Tuesday of month, plus an extra 5% on the card). Total billing without tax came out to v$292.40. When I went in to pay the yard manger was up at the desk (known him for a few years) he told the store manager to have them delivered because it wasn't cost effective to hand bomb them into my truck. So pushing it I told him that it had to walked into the basement. his response "we'll send two guys with the truck and tell them were to put them" They walked up twelve stairs and down twelve stair and probably 200 yards and stacked them.Let me tell ya that's service.

We should send you and your wife to the Middle East, You would probably have them delivering oil for $10.00 a barrel!! Congrat on the weet deal!

89 bags up in smoke, 311 in reserve, and I was just asking my dealer about spring buy when I bumped into him at the post office yesterday!

Status
Not open for further replies.