Photos for Tree ID - think I know what it is, but want to double check

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

fabsroman

Minister of Fire
Jun 1, 2011
West Friendship, Maryland
As the title says, I think I know what this tree is. Just want to make sure before I commit to picking it up.

Thanks

Firewood #1.jpg Firewood #2.jpg Firewood #3.jpg Firewood #4.jpg

Red Maple?

Reactions: EbS-P
Not easy photos to go from. Red maple is my guess.

red maple

red maple definitely. a few things ive noticed when lookin at red maples is 1 there leaves usually a bit smaller than sugar, silver and black maples and 2 when the bark on em when younger tends to look similar that of a beech ( at least to me ) but when they get older it looks like that in 3rd photo

Red maple. I think of red maple leafs as someone trying to draw a sugar maple leaf, but got tired and sort of half-assed it.

Reactions: Sailrmike
Thanks everybody. Maple was my guess. Went and picked it up and it is maple. Not sure whether red, white, sugar, or whatever, but maple for sure and it will heat the house well.