picking the right one!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
US Stove Co = junk. Most threads I see discussing them here are from owners dealing with their abundant quality problems.

If looking for a budget stove, it’s pretty hard to beat New England. Many satisfied NC 30 and NC 17 owners, posting here.

No "New" . . . just Englander . . . the guy's name. Common mistake though . . .

Reactions: Ashful
Well if spoolie25 ends up picking up a new stove based on this advice I’m curious to see what they get and where they went to get it. I have a few stove shops in town so going to a box store to buy a stove would not work for me. We have established that a fairly nice stove can be purchased through a dealer for under 2000 dollars that will heat 1400 squares happy shopping!

Better suggestion--get a quality used wood stove with the expert ideas here for inspection.
Jotul, BK, PE, Morso.......and maybe, if the OP is handy, a well run cat VC Defiant or Encore. Maybe.