Hi there everyone, I could really use some help. My family and I just moved into a rental home that has a woodstove. Before I go further, please understand that the landlord and rental company are completely useless and couldn't care less. From looking online, the woodstove is a Jotul Combifire #4 (the tiki man looking one, my husband calls it!) We'd really like to utilize this for heat for the downstairs because the main heat is oil. We managed to get the thing started easily. I grew up with a fireplace so no big deal, I know the basics. My problem is that when we use the screen (for ambiance and to let more heat in) there is a semi strong smell of woodsmoke in the home. I can' see it, and the fire alarms/carbon monoxide alarm doesn't go off but I can smell it. When I close the front door to the stove, it does get better, but I can still smell it. Is this normal? More importantly, is this safe? I have to SMALL children, a 2yr old and a baby. I am worried about their lungs and eyes (it stings mine at times although I know I'm pretty sensitive). I try to keep a nice hot fire although I don't have a temp gauge. It heats my home to around 70-75 in about 20 mins (which is just oh so nice!) I keep the flue in the full open position (is this right?) I had a company come out and check it out, they said there doesn't seem to be a leak, that the chimney looks great, but I didn't have a fire burning at the time. Thanks a lot for your help, I really appreciate it!