Post edits by moderator

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Tegbert

Feeling the Heat
Sep 15, 2016
Arlington Wa
Just wondering what is up with moderators editing some posts in threads? I see it every now and then and some of the ones I post but have no clue why or what happened. Is it something that users are doing wrong? Or.....?

Not really important but curious is all.

Lopi Rockport
Blaze King Ashford 25

Can you be more specific. We edit very ,very few posts. The software does auto correct somethings if you read faqs it points that out.

da5502a422b1d81d7f3bc0850f137823.jpg

I was just curious as I see begreen’s name on a few posts.

Lopi Rockport
Blaze King Ashford 25

Last edited by a moderator:
@begreen would have to answer the specific reason on your post, but it is not uncommon for a mod to move an errant post into the proper forum room, correct/clarify a post title or fix a typo error. Any of this type of interjection will show that a mod tinkered with it.

I often downsize images to thumbnail size,. This is something that is hard to do when cellphone posting. The reason behind this is that we have folks in rural areas that have low bandwidth connections. Thumbnails load more quickly and take up less bandwidth, especially if there are a lot of images in the thread. This is what was done to the image posted in the BK post. I've been doing this quietly for the past decade after seeing the issues Hogwildz and others were having reading image heavy threads. Wish there was a forum software setting the made all image posts come in as thumbnails, but I don't think there is. Also, sometimes folks post upload images to the post without placing them in the body of the text. This is common with new forum members. I sometimes do this for them if it helps illustrate their issue better.

As Jags noted, we correct titles sometimes to help clarify and I also occasionally go in and correct spelling errors, especially when they confuse the intent of the post. Gross spelling errors bug me and the problem has gotten much worse with cellphone postings.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tegbert
Like I said It was not important at all I was just curious the reasoning behind it and that makes complete sense. Thanks for the explanation.

Lopi Rockport
Blaze King Ashford 25