Poulan Pro 42cc on sale.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

whotheguy

Dec 22, 2009
Idaho
I've got an older Stihl I use, 44 model, but came across a Poulan Pro 42cc 18 inch bar at HD today for $99.00. I'm thinking of getting it just because I could
use it. I cut only softwood here in Idaho and usually not more than 20" diameter. Until I can find a lesser weight gently used MS390 to replace my 44 I was thinking of picking this up. I have a friend that has one of these exact models and he cuts like a mother with it. Granted he maintains it regularly, but I wont be using it like I would a Stihl.

Any comments?

I have the Craftsman version of that saw and it's the easiest saw I've ever started. It's also pretty lightweight.

That being said, I use my 290 for my main saw.

Matt

while I do own a Pull-on, and on, and on..... and when it does run its not a bad little saw, I just wouldnt rely on it. to iffy on when its gonna run. Some days fires right up, some days more work to get it going than cutting wood with a hand saw.

Get it. The saw performs respectably with an Oregon 91VX low pro chain...........

i just bought it too at h d for that price seems to work great for me way better then my craftsman, at $100 how can u go wrong on a 18 inch saw.

I snatched it up today, last one on the shelf. I figure it will be a good starter saw for my 10 year old son to learn on. Bought a skip chain today and a pair of goggles, should be putting the chain on tomorrow and heading to do some cutting. I figured I would get him fired up and started on a 16 incher tomorrow while I get the Stihl going. This will be his first time working a saw but he will be within shouting distance if he has a problem.

By the way, if you think I'm serious about the above post, I have a bridge to sell you. :lol: However, I did get the saw today, but my son isn't even allowed to look at my saws wrong. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.